icon

530t DEI window module problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Spawn_X 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys... This is for a 1999 Dodge Dakota 5.2 4x4 Automatic. here's the question - alarm is clifford rs-2 but the problem is with a 530t (windows up/down module).

down works, however up sometimes doesn't. i connected the orange wire to the orange output from the brain (the orange from the brain provides ground). When i arm the vehicle sometimes only ONE of the windows will roll up, and i have to arm/disarm again to make the other one go up.

Going down is no problem (well slight problem - its not even. Once the driver's side goes down all the way the system shuts off and the passenger side is left a tad up..).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

caveman 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

did you install a diode inline at the starter kill relay on the orange wire? If you look at the starter kill relay socket, the opposite side of the orange wire is the yellow wire that goes to ignition. The ignition  wire will show ground when the key is not on and this will inherently affect the orange wire and anything you have hooked up to it.

The diode installs inline past your 500/530T orange wire connection. The cathode (silver stripe) on the diode goes toward the alarm side. Hope this helps.

Steve

"Installing it yourself keeps my repair man busy"
Spawn_X 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

P.S. it works on/off - sometimes it will roll up all the windows, sometimes it won't.

I have a 1amp diode on the wire coming out of the brain.. it goes like this:

orange wire from the brain is connected to orange wire from the 530t (ground when armed wire). Those two are connected to the (striped side) diode, and the other end of the diode goes back into the starter kill.

Hope that makes my question even more clear..

Thanks.

caveman 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
woops...I meant Clifford/530T in that last sentence
Spawn_X 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
:)
caveman 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2003 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
does the 530t have dip switches on one end? make sure they are all on the up side...this makes the module see less resistence on the window motor. Sometimes what could be happening is the 530t thinks the window is up even though window is still in the down position. Does both the windows work great when its hot outside?
Spawn_X 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

I was thinking about resistance but thought that since they roll down fine it would be ok, I'll try it again in a little bit.

Both windows work fine regardless of temperature...

Thanks for the tips, I'll try it and let you know.

Spawn_X 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

you ARE the man.

Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic