icon

Relay for Interior Neon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2002 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

ok you want to take a wirer from a constant source of twelve volts and run it to pin 87 now take another piece of wire and conect pin 87 with pin 86 yes conect bothe pin 86 and pin 87 together.

now pin 85 will be going to your negative door trigger.

pin 30 will go to your neons positive laed

now about that switch you want to add well conect one wire from it to pin 87 and

connect the other side of the switch to the wire coming off of pin 30

mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2002 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

and heres how it will work when the door is opened in the car pin 87 and pin 30 will connect turning on the light and when you shut the door the light will go off but when you flip your switch you added it will come back on and stay on till you turn the switch off.

i hope you understand if not i will draw it for you ok good luck.this is probably the least complicated way of doing this that is why im telling you do wire the relay this way good luck,hope you get it .

skifriek15 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2002 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I got one more annoying question, cuz my electronics knowledge has decreased. I know you mentioned using a diode for something, where do I put the diode and how do I line it up (with the positive and negative). And I bought diodes that can hold 12V, so should that work? Thanks

Justin Karimi
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2002 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
OK WELL THE REASON IM TELLING YOU TO DO IT THIS WAY IS BECAUSE IT WILL BE EASIER .YOU WILL NOT NEED THOSE DIODES SO SAVE THEM,THERE GOOD TO HAVE OK I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND THIS WILL BE  PERFECT FOR YOU.SEE ORIGAINALLY I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION YOU HAD POSITIVE DOOR TRIGGERS.BUT YOUR CAR IS A NEGATIVE TRIGER SYTEM YOUR NEGATIVE TRIGER WIRE IS RED / WHITE.JUST BEFORE YOU DO IT MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTOOD HOW I SAID TO HOOK IT UP. GOOD LUCK FEEL FREE TO ASK ANYTHING ELSE
lil_joker2k2 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2002 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys. Mobiletoys2002 you sound like u know your stuff so I got a question. I want to put 4 neon lights inside the car and I have the relay where would i put each wire im relay illeterate. i wana have an on/off switch to turn them on and off whenever i want.
George
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2002 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

you dont need a relay just add your switch, send a good source of power like the battery to it ,use a 14 gauge wire ,or maybe a 16 and wire all the neons to the switch .neons dont draw much current so a relay would be added work for you .make sure you use a good quality switch one that can handle maybe 10 amps to be on the safe side if you add more neons at a later time. now just ground your neons and your lit. good luck

mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2002 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
you see lil joker when you are wiring something like neons and you are planning on adding a switch, the relay does not have to be aded because a relay is a electrical switch that usually either switches a lower curent to higher one or just uses something else to switch on. but if you want to know how to wire the relay anyways. Here goes you will take that wire from the switch and instead of conecting it to your neons you will conect it to pin 86 of the relay,pin 85 will be ground,pin 30 will be 12 volts positive fused with maybe a 5 amp,pin 87 will go to your neons good luck Relay for Interior Neon - Page 2 -- posted image.
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
Oh ok. thank. Well the reason I asked is because someone told me that the switch might heat up if its on for a long time specially when your running 4 neon lights. But thanks for the info mobiletoys2002
George
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
 I assume these neons will be inside your car so they are of the small type maybe 12 inch tubes.If you dont know how many neons you will want to have one day or just want to feel safer wire it to the relay like i posted and you will be fine then.Relay for Interior Neon - Page 2 -- posted image.
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2002 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
thanks mobiletoys2002 for the advice. the lights will be inside the car. Didnt have a chance to do it today since i FINALLY got my other problem solved with my amp blowing the fuse every time i put up the volume. I put 4 gauge wire on the 2000PPI and added a circuit braker (200Amps) seems to be working fine now. thanks again for all the help.Relay for Interior Neon - Page 2 -- posted image.
George
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic