icon

blinker relays

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lil_joker2k2 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2003 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, quick question. I tried to make my blinkers blink faster by making the car think that one of the bulbs was out ( swapped side maker with blinker) it worked for like a min while i was testing it now they wont work at all, I dont have any warning lights that they are out. All the other lights work, the bottom blinkers also work except for the side blinkers by the headlamp. Did i mess up a relay? if so where can I find it. the car is a 95 accord sedan ex. BTW the bulbs are still good, I tested new bulbs and they dont work either. thanks
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2003 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
go to auto zone and they have the bulb that you need. it is a new led bulb and will make it blink faster.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2003 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
yeah but I tried putting a stock relay and they still wont work, there is no power going to the bulbs so even if i buy the bulbs u say they still wont work, I'm asking if anyone knows if i blew a relay that i might now know about
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2003 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
check your fuses inside the car and in the engine bay main fuse.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2003 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
ive checked every fuse, they are all fine, inside and outside. THIS IS A STUMPER!
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
check your flashers in the relay box inside your car.
Sound Pressure
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
well if its the one all the way to the right hand side its not it, cause i tried another one and still doesnt work. there are only three so I guess it cant be too hard (process of elimination) would u know if its the first one or the middle so I dont have to be jumpin around in there?
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2003 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
without the manual I could not tell you sorry.
Sound Pressure
chuck_tempe 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2003 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
sorry to tell you this, but you may have damage your factory module that controls your parking lights.  the '86 accord i had has a module that changes the light next to the headlight to blink alternately with the bumper turn signal light when the parking light circuit is on.  i think just about all hondas that have the light next to the headlight have this feature.  i tried to find a schematic for your honda but no luck...sorry.
lil_joker2k2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2003 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
Not a problem sir if its that, i can get factory honda parts very cheap from the dealer. is there a way to check it. Or should i just send it in
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic