icon

94 camry remote starter problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bleedsoe9mm 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2003 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
i let my battery die listening to music , now my car starter won't work . i got the door locks to work by incerting the key ,turning it one click and pushing the button on the key chain ,but i can't get the starter to work. i have no idea what kind of remote starter it is ,  i can't  see  any markings (model number etc)or reset buttons on the black box under the dash . the car is a 1994 toyota camry automatic . any help would be appeciated .
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2003 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
the system might be a clifford.
what you have to do is unplug the fuses near the battery of the car then plug them back in.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York Installer94 camry remote starter problem -- posted image.
bleedsoe9mm 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2003 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
what would have happened to a fuse when the power died . that doesn't make sense . this happened once before and the guy at the place that installed it  did some combination with the keychain the gas pedal and the ignition . i wish i had watch him more closely . he didn't go under the hood or near the fuse box under the dash
ossrom 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2003 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
most likely the tach rate was erased from the alarm when your battery died...... you need the alarm's manual to know the procedure on how to reprogram the tach sense....you say the brain has no brandname on it...take a picture and post it, someone may know what alarm it is by looking at it and tell you how to fix the problem
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2003 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
if it was a clifford system. for some reason the brain locks up when you jump the car from a dead battery. then you have to manually reset the system by pulling out the fuse.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York Installer94 camry remote starter problem -- posted image.
bleedsoe9mm 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2003 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
94 camry remote starter problem -- posted image.
94 camry remote starter problem -- posted image.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 15, 2003 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Bleedsoe, I don't recognize that particular unit, but pictures are always good!
After your battery died, you must have had to jump-start the car, right? Often, fuses in the car will blow during a jump start---I'm still not sure if this is from someone connecting the jumper cables backward, or for some other reason---but at any rate, it does happen sometimes.
If you follow that wiring, it's gotta have fuses on it somewhere. They may be under the dash, or near the battery----it can never hurt to check them.
It is also a wise idea to somehow interrupt power from the unit for a few moments, and then reconnect it and see what happens. You can do this by disconnecting the fuses as nighthawk said, or unplug the wires going to the brain. You can also just disconnect your car's battery, but that's no fun because you lose your clock and radio presets.
If the installer has installed a hood pinswitch for safety, there is also the very small chance you disturbed it while getting the car jump-started. Make sure it looks like it's in good shape, and that it is getting pushed down when you close the hood.
bleedsoe9mm 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2003 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
i don't think its a fuse , the door locks are working it just won't start . my problem is the first owner of the car had this unit installed so i have no manual on how to reprogram it . the same thing happen last summer and i took it to apple autoglass (the original installers) he was able to reprogram it without going near a fuse which cost me $50 . i don't want to take it back unless i have too . if anyone regonizes this starter let me know .
ecommo 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2003 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Check 2 make sure the hood pin switch has not been damaged. I had that problem with a customer that had engine work done. If its damaged, it will not start at all. U did not specify if you got a visual confirmation of some sort when u tried to activate it.That would help.
eciii
bleedsoe9mm 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2003 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
it doesn't have a hood pin switch safety device . i got the locks to work by turning the key one notch pushing button one on the keychain and pumpng the brake , i tried the same thing for button 2 on the keychain but it doesn't seem to work . when i push button one the doors lock and the black box under the dash clicks twice , when i click button two no sounds come from the black box

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic