icon

Dissappointed with AvantGuard 5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wadski 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
I was really looking forward to the arrival of Clifford's AvantGuard 5 with an LCD remote start transmitter. Clifford has posted new information about the AvantGuard 5 at its  updated web site but mentions nothing about an LCD transmitter. Maybe I overlooked some information and stand to be corrected.
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  

I've seen the site, called around, but the AG5 isn't availble yet...darn.   It's the top of the line-why shouldn't it have the lcd remote.  I have an RS3 ready to be installed, and have an AG4 on the way...  I'm asking myself-why waste the money now when I should wait for the AG5.

MrStangMan 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
I was eyeing the AG4 for a while, and just checked their site to see the new info on the AG5, it sounds like one sweet system.  Im gonna be installing it in my 03 GT Mustang Conv soon - hopefully.  How hard do you think the install will be (ive never installed an alarm, only car stereo stuff), and any ideas on a price yet?
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
No word on a release date or price.  They have it up on the site so we can gawk at it and drool...
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2003 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry guy, The Avantguard 5 will not have an LCD Screen. My Rep said that they were but it was in trial. The AG5 will be out in 2004. Very Disappointed in DEI about not doing LCD. I wonder if their Responder ADD-on will work with the AG5??? I will never know until i get the AG5

Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York InstallerDissappointed with AvantGuard 5 -- posted image.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Posted: June 20, 2003 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
well as long as this is a esp 2 system it will be compatible with the two way technology from viper which is better that clifford all though they are the same thing. anyways viper is the main top notch of dei so stick around there will be a two way release that includes a two way remote and special antenna adaptable to all dei esp2 systems.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2003 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
DEI has the Responder adapter available. I ordered some to test out to see if i can code a remote to it.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York InstallerDissappointed with AvantGuard 5 -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic