icon

Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to post up and see what ppl thought of these subs. I'm looking at purchasing 2 of them for my SQ setup. I haven't personally heard them yet but was wondering if these are worth considering and if you could point me towards any others that my suit my needs. And seeing as i'm not american i'll put a rough US price that i'm looking around. 200-300 is my price range that i am looking around.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

Those are top notch SQ subs.  I was surprised to see Crutchfield has them for $70 off ($179.99 with a free box).  I remember back when these subs first came out they were $299.99, and even at the time I considered them worth every penny.  Looks like right now you can get them at a very attractive price.

I haven't heard the new Kappa Perfect VQ subs yet, but supposedly you can adjust them to match whatever your enclosure size is.  Too bad you'll pay at least $100 more for them.

Anyways, when you put the 10.1's in the proper enclosure they hit really deep and accurate, without any booming.  For SQ I'd go with a small sealed box, 0.6 cu. ft. as recommended by infinity.

The DVC models are worth looking at if your amp requires a single 4-ohm load to maximize its power output.  However, if you have an amp that can handle a 2-ohm mono load then the SVCs are a better deal.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
nedgeworth 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2003 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah i currently have a pair of 10" pioneer premiers 400rms/800max. And these are very very nice. Had a mate with 2 12's come and have a listen and he was so pissed off with how much i spent for the results i got. But now that i've got those running of a mono block amp i'm looking for more sound quality rather than just a really boomy sound. So if i can get my hands on a pair of those over here i will be a happy trooper. I've already got the ideal enclosure size as i use a dual box (2chambers) for these subs and i made it to 0.6 cu. ft per chamber so that is taken care of if i want these bad enough.
nedgeworth 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2003 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
So anyone else have anything on the topic of this sub. Any good or bad things. Want to get as much general info on these as possible.
luxuryrules 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2003 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah I'll throw in.  I hear a Kappa Perfect 12.1 and was VERY impressed with it.  Just one sounded better than most pairs of subs that I've heard.  Infinity did a great job on that line.

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic