icon

Motorization cct

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Wilma 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2003 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
Ive been trying for ages to get this to work now on my fourth attempt im going to ask for some help.
I have a motorzed sub box that i currently motorize by switches but i would like to move by alarm remote and / or timer for show purposes.
here it is http://www.wilmerism.freeuk.com/whisper2003.htm
I want to give this cct a timed - pulse (the time it takes the box to move) then depending on a pin switch either send the box up or down.
Actuators are 2 wire 12v so the cct has 4 inputs (+,-, timed - and pinswitch - when box is down) 2 outputs (+,- for up or -,+ for down).
Ill post the diagram thats got the closest in a couple of hours.
but can anyone assist or maybe direct me somewhere pls?
Wilma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2003 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
Heres the latest of my ccts
Motorization cct - Last Post -- posted image.
R1 - This switches the cct on from the alarm remote.
R2 + R3 - these are the "changeover relays" these reverse the polaritys to make the motor go up or down
The above work fine
but heres where i get ptoblems
R4 - This is meant to control the "changeover relays"
D1 - This is to latch R4 because the pin goes open cct when the box gest down.
D2 - This is to take - from the motor outputs as I only want R4 to switch R2and R3 when the box goes up
I want to use mimimal pin switches (thats why im using timed trigger)
The pin switch i am using is not mounted on metal so need not be switching 0 volts
I'd rather not just have the cct latching between pulses (although it would be of some use to me) because i do not want to drain power if i decide to have the box up (or down) for long periods.
R4 needs to keep R2 and R3 switched/latched for the duration of the timed pulse (the motor sweep)
Problems
The pin switch i am using is only open circuit when the box is in the down position. all other times it is closed cc
BumpNGlow 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2003 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

Wilma wrote:
Ive been trying for ages to get this to work now on my fourth attempt im going to ask for some help.
I have a motorzed sub box that i currently motorize by switches but i would like to move by alarm remote and / or timer for show purposes.
here it is http://www.wilmerism.freeuk.com/whisper2003.htm
I want to give this cct a timed - pulse (the time it takes the box to move) then depending on a pin switch either send the box up or down.
Actuators are 2 wire 12v so the cct has 4 inputs (+,-, timed - and pinswitch - when box is down) 2 outputs (+,- for up or -,+ for down).
Ill post the diagram thats got the closest in a couple of hours.
but can anyone assist or maybe direct me somewhere pls?

I know this is off-topic and everything, but I saw your car about 10 minutes on CarSound.com before I read this post.  Small world eh?  I really like your box and I think that's gotta be the coolest way to get to the spare I've ever seen :D! 

GoodLuck

Wilma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2003 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Cheers, have just put it on to JL's site also

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic