icon

Square subs from Hartz

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
91civicdx 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2002 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  

I want to get 4 square Hartz 10 sub in my car. i heard that they are better than solobaric l7 and louder and cheaper. i havent figure out how should i mount the sub. can you help me. Im also getting 2 cadence 1000 w class d amp. how should i mount them for show?

thanks

carlos

Riding in a civic
GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2002 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
ummm, doesn't Hartz make flea collars?
okay all kidding aside, I've never heard of them. Stick to brands that are tried and trusted. Kicker (Stillwater) has been around for well over a decade, making good stuff. I used solobarics, C and F series when I worked as an installer, which was 10 years ago.
Decadence I've heard, and they always sort of seemed like they belonged right along side Pyramid and Rockwood.
small piece of wisdom I'll impart to you, free of charge. Ya get what ya pay for.
sad but true fact of life, 99% of the time. If someone told you brand A is better than brand B, and it's cheaper, easier to get, and it'll fix your supper for ya too, chances are he's making a bigger profit on that brand... or sleeping with the company owner. One of the two.
To answer you though, in a Civic, which I've worked in before, for10" subs, it depends a lot on what sort of music you prefer, and the sound you want or effect you're after.
I also don't know if these subs are designed for sealed or ported enclosures. I'd consider whichever of those are the appropriate box, or look at isobarik or bandpass options too. less space, take more power, hit very very hard.
as for how to install this stuff, that's entirely up to your imagination.
for ideas, look up Civics on www.cardomain.com lots and lots of owners post pics of their rides there, with many competition systems in them. I thought about tossing up some pics of my old Festiva and my Jeep there some time.
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2002 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with glass wolf kicker is a great company they basically started it all.And i also have never heard of  hartz well not in speakers at least. if you trust in whoever told you they sound better than kicker you should listen for yourself just to see i dought they sound better but thats just my opinion you have to listen for yourself.
Raid 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2002 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
I know what subs you are talking about and you don't want to go that route.  TRUST ME.  Long story.  For the money you would be spending you could get some nice JL's or Rockfords.  Before you make your choice evaluate what you want to get out of your system.  Do you want 4 10's with no trunk space or 2 10's in a bandpass or isobarik.  It's up to you and your needs.  I will be starting on a 92' civic with 2 Oz Audio 10" in a bandpass ported through the rear deck.  Good luck!
pervitizm 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2002 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I've heard of the Hartz line they were in a issue of Car Audio & Electronics, but I too have never heard the actual subs play. They may look like and L but trust me inf they're cheap, then they definitly won't souund like an L7.
live & die 4 tha luv of BASS!!!!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2002 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
you get what you pay forSquare subs from Hartz -- posted image.
91civicdx 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2002 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for what you have wrote for me and it got me thinkin. my friend has a shop and he told me that if i want to go loud get two jl w7 12's or two directed comp x 12". what should i buy or can you help pick a good sub so i could be loud. i dont care if i hae to take the entire trunk

thanks

Riding in a civic
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2002 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
you have to ask your self how much do you want to spend ,how much space are you willing to sacrifice,what type of sound do you want in your car .once you figure that out go to the store listen to all your choices and see for yourself what sounds better. no one can say one speaker is better than another because evryone has thier own oppinion on things. the only oppinion that matters is your ownSquare subs from Hartz -- posted image. .  and after you do this you should come to the conclusion like  many others have. you dont nessecarilly have to spend a whole lot if you do some research of your own.the main thing you have to think about is the type of box your speakers will go in see if you dont hear your choice speakers in the same type enclosure you will be putting in your car you will most likely be dissapointed when you finnaly install it in your car.  if you want a tight clean sounding bass you may want a sealed enclosure ,if you just want a lot of output with a less accurate bass you may want a ported or bandpass. one thing to note about a bandpass is the bass hass almost no distortion but it is not accurate and i think they are sloppy but thats my opinion. so you be the judge .. if you decide to get the kicker l series you will need a big amp.thats something else to keep in mind how  efficient is the sub;a sub thats more eficient than another will sound louder with the same input power. a banpass will not need half as much power as a sealed  box to produce big bass.a ported would be next in line and then a sealed. ported boxes will be bigger than a sealed box banpass boxes can be big as well.    i can go on forever be the judge go listen Square subs from Hartz -- posted image.
91civicdx 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2002 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

thanks mobiletoys2002

im going to go with two 12 in solobaric l7 4dvc with a MA Audio 1000 watts rms but im still thinking on if i should port the box or seal it. i probaly seal it because i want more room to put the amp in the trunk?

thanks Square subs from Hartz -- posted image.

Riding in a civic
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2002 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
ok thats a great speaker, now the sealed volume for that speaker is 0.88-2.0 cubic feet for a sealed box and it is 2.5 cubic feet for a ported so you see a ported is a little bigger than sealed.  if it was my car i would do  a sealed but a lot also comes down to the type of music you listen to . overall a sealed will give you a verry clean tight acurate bass. rms power on those are 375 watts per coil on each speaker. so i guess you will try to get a 4 ohm load to the both speakers giving you 1000 watts sounds good. good luck.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic