the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Windows rollup setting off shock sensor!?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brivalen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2003 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

Like is says, I installed a DEI 544T and everything is working great BUT, if i arm the car with the windows already up everything is fine. IF I arm the car with the windows down i get a WarnAway trigger from the shock sensor. How can I delay the shock sensor from picking this up? Also, if I have a door open, arm the alarm and then shut the door it will trigger a full alarm. It seems like there should be at least a 5-10 second delay on the shock sensor.

BTW, the window roll up module i'm using takes a (-) from the DOOR LOCK output of the DEI. So every time i arm the alarm is sends (-) to the 455J as well as the window module.

Thanks,

Brian

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2003 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
lower the shock. or actualy mount it to metal dei shock(via pull tie.) a good shock adjustment is as follows.
close doors arm system. hit pillar between either back seet or back door once.
you should get the warn away. if you get full alarm the sensor is too high. tern the little philips head screw counter clockwize a little bit test again. now if you get warn away one the first hit then hit it twice one after the other and you should get a full alarm. sound. but before trying to make it fully set up give the sensor 5 seconds after you test warn away to test for full trigger alarm. and as for the doors go your supposed to close all doors than arm the system,. in that order if you do it the other way the alarm will see a door open. either give you a open tone, or will or it will bypass the door triggers. so do your self a favor close doors wait one sec then arm system,. now for windows just lower the shock sensor 1 and is your power and ground to window module good guage causing it not to starve for power.
when you are the system then close the doors the shock is doing it job and it is getting a hard inpact from the door closing so it goes off like its supposed to .
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
brivalen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2003 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

Well i figured it out - the window module was mounted right next to the shock sensor - when the relays clicked it was a large enoght vibration to set off the sensor - moved everyting around and now it all works. I still wish i could bypass the sensor for a few seconds so that I could shut a door after it arms but ohh well.

Thanks

Brian

chuck_tempe 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2003 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
what you could use is a pulse timer like dei's 528t.  it takes either a positve or negative pulse or a latching signal and converts it to open or close a circuit.  that circuit is adjustable via a screw terminal so you can set a short time or a longer time.  i just had to use one this weekend on a buddies' 2001 toyota sequoia to activate the FACTORY window module controller.  interesting setup.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic