icon

Twin Led display hookup ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Neyd3400 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2003 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
I have a black widow fm7150. I purchased two blue dei electroluminescent leds that show a phyton. What would be the best way to hook these up. The instructions say to connect the red to a fused 12 volt constant and the black wire to a neg. armed output.
My question is: Can I just connect both black wires to the same output, like the starter kill output. Thanks ahead of time or could I just hook both up to the installed alarm led.
chuck_tempe 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2003 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

i am not that familiar with black widow's but, it appears you have a negative armed output wire on the brain.  connect the two black wires from the led's to that and the reds to a fused 12 volts.  the led output on alot of alarms are a lower voltage than 12 volts, so that means they might be very dim or not work at all.  unless the new led's have the blinking feature within them, the blinking will be control by the dei's alarm brain.  most starter kills are a negative output, so that should work.

Mr.Swifty 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2003 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Simple thing to do....but you will have to Diode Isolate the Starter kill relay from the LED (or Python EL panels you bought)...otherwise the panels will stay on constantly until you turn ignition on......so cut the Ground When Armed Out wire and connect the Python LED lights to the Alarm side.....put a diode inline between the LED/Alarm Side and you Starter kill (ignition Kill) Relay

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic