icon

Pioneer Faceplate

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Devil_Boy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2003 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
I have a pioneer deck (DEH-p3000) And about half of the face plate has burnt out. Has anyone else had any expirence with faceplates burning out. It is almost like the bulb burnt out and is onyl illuminated by the other half of the face plate that works. But are there actually bulbs inside it or is it that liquid display crap. It kind of bothers me that you pay money and it just burns out. Although it is a couple years old, but it still should last alot longer than that.
Anyone have any ideas or anything of how to fix it. I emailed pioneer but it could be weeks for them to reply.
Thanks
chevylove 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2003 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Fixing it would probably be more hassel than it's worth.  I see those faceplates sold on ebay for under 30 dollars all the time....you can also upgrade to a newer year's face of the same model and it will work....kinda like getting a new deck.
Drew   "Fuses are only 10 cents...go for it."
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

You can get a replacement faceplate direct from pioneer for $69.  I was actually really surprised to see that it was so inexpensive cuz normally they charge an arm and a leg for replacement faces, at least when purchased legally through pioneer.  now on ebay is a whole nother story....Pioneer Faceplate -- posted image. 

Anyway,s whether or not it's worth $69 is something you'll have to decide on your own.

You might want to wait for a reply from pioneer or try calling them, because they would probably be able to tell you how much it would cost to get it fixed, and who knows maybe that would be less than the $69 for a new face.  I doubt it, but hey it's possible.

Oh yea and by the way I believe it's all LCD stuff--no IC bulbs in there that I know of.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic