the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 trailblazer retained power wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roadfeldt 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Just finishing up wiring a bunch of new toys in my trailblazer. Would like to wire up the mobile video stuff so it is triggered by the factory radio power. Not if the factory radio is on, but just has power. Either I will find the power lead for the factory HU and tap that to my relay, or if possible, and easier, find the retained power wire under the dash. If anyone knows of it, I would appreciate your help. Thanks!
lalur 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
hey man the wire u r looking for is a 16g yellow wire at the left rear passenger door sealthere will be three yellow wires there just test
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
actually in chevy the acc wires are brown and orange. brown wire is for radio you can get acc power from that it is found in the harness leading from key cylander. you must use a 7 millimeter socket as well as a 10 mill to get to it. underneath drivers side dash. yellow is starter wire so test.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
roadfeldt 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks both for your help. I am probing the yellow wires right now.
dfearny2 I don't just want the acc wire. I want the wire that controls or is attached to the RAP, if this wire exists. The wires you spek of are controlled by the key correct? So if the key is set to acc, the wire is powered. I will test to see if it stays powered after the key is off.
roadfeldt 
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Alright so far none of the yellow lines appears to be what I am looking for. I have decided to rethink the power strategy anyway. I have a remote start in the system, so instead of wiring the video stuff into the radio power, I am going to wire the screens and av switch into the brown wire on the ignition harness. The XM radio will be wired into the radio power. That way the XM radio is always on when the factory radio is, but the video items are only on when the key is in. I don't want to attract attention to the car while I am not there. I figure two screens would do just that.
Thanks for your help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic