icon

LCD 2 way alarms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racingtoys 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
1) what do you guys think about those 2way alarms?? I heard mixed feelings about it like the distance is not very good...I installed an autopage pager in my old car a while back, it seememd to work fine in school but it kept getting false alarms when I was in the mall...
2) I am thinking about installing the Hornet 554T or the Ungo MS2007, which one do you guys think is better?
THANKS ALL FOR RESPONDING!!!
-Chad
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
the dei 554t is better but it works on a am based signal which can allow many things to interfere.
it cost more but the viper 790 xv is better that both of those. it is fm based signal its on time meaning when you press disarm both the remote and alarm siren will beep just about the same time the alarm actually doing the command and the remote comfirming the command but its all within milliseconds. unlike other products dei has the same viper 790 xv has three different names the clifford matrix and one other which are the exact same product i think they are sold cheaper and can be bought at a bestbuy or something. or local stereo shop. dei authorized stereo shop. any way dont lean towards saving so much money cause you will find otu , you get what you pay for . so if you go cheep on ebay or something your may not get what you expect and if you dont expect much than go ahead. but your better off going to spend the money it will make itself worth it.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
racingtoys 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info Jon...i was kind of staying away from the 790 because it is the ulgyest remote i have ever seen, but i suppose i could always change the remote to somthing like one of the clifford ones...i wanst aware that the 554T was only AM based...since price isnt much of a concern i will prolly pick up the 790XV instead.
Thanks,
-Chad

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic