icon

Odd Alarm Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Devil_Boy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2003 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
My alarm (commando 501) has been nstalled for almost a year now. Well i go out last night to unarm my car, and nothing. So im at home and i run in a get my other remote thinking mine died, still nothing. So my car is sitting there armed, but i cant get it unarmed, i decided to take a go at the valet switch. Open the door. And nothing at all, the alarm says it is still armed (light is flashing) but the door is open, and i try to still overide the alarm with the valet switch and it does do anything. So i donno even where to start with it, and i decide, ohwell ill just start it and go. Well the alarm has starter disable, so the car just sits and cranks, so i sat at home stumped all night. This morning i went out there open the hood (which also should of set the alrm off) and i pulled a fuse for the alarm. I then replaced it, with the exact same fuse and the alarm works perfectly. But just in case it was the fuse i did change it afterwards.
What a night.
So anyone have any idea why this could of happen?????
It works now but i dont see why it did that to start with.
Thanks
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2003 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
I hate it when that happens.  Used to happen to my 700IQ, often.  Same thing I did too, take out the fuse and replace it-trouble went away.  After a while it didn't even come on any more. Turned out to be a bad brain.  Took it back to the installer/shop.  Been working fine for 4 years now.  You might want to check the wiring too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic