Suggestions and Question on Mobile Projec

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AccordInspire 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Fellow 12 volt memebers,

I wanted to ask everyone who has experience on the mobile video field. I am currently working on my system for my car and decided to add my extra PS2 into my 96 Accord Coupe. I basically have a few things listed that I need suggestions and opinions on before I continue any further on my project.

2 Sun Visor LCD's should I go for 5" or 7"? and  should I get a Y adaptor for the video plug or something else that can kill either any screen when I want to?

FM Modulator any specific type I should get and any links of a store I can check out the product.  (Head unit on my car is a Pioneer  MP7300)

What kind of power surge should i purchase to install with the PS2?

Are there any links or part of the forum that will have how to install a LCD screen in the car?

Sorry if  there are many questions but I am really into learning new things. If there are any questions that you would like to ask me fill free to do so. thank again  Fellow members

AccordInspire

AccordInspire 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
*crickets chirp* Hmm.... I guess no one has any suggestions... at least one suggestion out of the those questions would be fine?
chevylove 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
A Y cable should work fine for the two screens.  This link will help a lot with the visor installations.  http://www.partsexpress.com/tech/205-014/pages/205-014.html   I just did the same job myself in a cavalier and it was easier than I thought it would be.
Drew   "Fuses are only 10 cents...go for it."
AccordInspire 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

nice!  Thanks for your help on that one Chevylove I really appreciate it.!Suggestions and Question on Mobile Projec - Last Post -- posted image.

ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

I would not suggest using Y adaptors ESPECIALLY if you are using 7 inch monitors, I would use a video amplifier, and make sure you are using Video rca's and not audio ones for the best picture.

Pioneer makes a P-Bus adaptor cable that allows you to AUX in a sorce through the headunit, use an FM modulator as a last resort

The "wattage" you want for your PS2 is going to be a min of 400 preferably 600 watts, and you should run your power lead directly to the battery, the PS2 pulls alot more than you would think

Basically as far as installing monitors it's a matter of precision cutting, your ability to be creative, and running the wires

Hope this helpsSuggestions and Question on Mobile Projec - Last Post -- posted image.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder"
AccordInspire 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2003 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you ezridr!

Well I dont' know about getting my LCD's anymore Suggestions and Question on Mobile Projec - Last Post -- posted image. My hook ups from three of my friends went really sour since they seem to be greedy with helping out a friend.  Now I don' t know who to turn to for some help on purchasing 1 LCD screen for my car at least.

Thank you though for the suggestions I will still take this to consideration on hooking the power inverter directly to my battery instead.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic