Shock sensors...

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
IFlyGC 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Folks,

I've just fitted a Hornet 554T and it comes with a little shock sensor.  The install manual mentions nothing about where to mount it, how to mount, and there are no screws or tape that came with the kit to mount it to anything.  Right now it's just sitting on the floor until I find a home.  I've tried the steering column and a wire cluster next to it, but the only thing that sets it off is slamming the trunk lid hard. Shaking the car does nothing.  I haven't seen a sensitivity screw on there to adjust it either.  Has anyone found a good location for their's?

Thanks,

Dave

CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
You must be referring to the small clear shock sensor that comes with most DEI alarms. There is a sensitivity screw, but you have to access it thru a small hole in the side with a tiny screwdriver. Also if you notice, there are two indentations, or ridges in the center of the sensor. This is for mounting the sensor with a plastic zip tie. I usually month them to a wiring harness hanging near the steering column, or else to a brace inside the dash. A lot of cars have pipe-like metal braces insde the dash, thats a good spot to mount it to.
IFlyGC 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  

So THAT's what the ridges are for huh?  I'd have gotten the hint if they'd included a zip tie or two with the kit....oh well.  I'll look again for the adjustment screw too....I was at the end of a 12 hour day installing this damn thing so I gotta admit I didn't look too closely.

Thanks CutDog!

Dave

CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
No problem!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic