icon

Fusion amplifier opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
I'm looking at a new 4-channel amplifier. This one has been offered me, from a dealer, new in box with full warranty.
I'm not familiar with Fusion, so I'm wondering if this is a decent amp to power a front set of Infinity reference 605CS 6.5" separates and rear 652i 6.5" coaxials, crossed over through an Alpine 3339 EQ and 3401 parametric
50x4 WRMS @4 Ohms
features of it are:
2 Ohm stable
Variable subsonic filter
RCA output for multiple installation
4 Gauge power connector
Military spec components throughout
Varible bass boost
Variable HP and LP crossover
(no model number handy)
price is $225 shipped
thanks for the opinions. I'm used to the old school stuff like the old PPI, Orion, and RF when they were all made in the US and the best out. I don't know what's good anymore, and what's crap, though I heard orion and ppi both went downhill.
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
GlassWolf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
okay..
a: nobody has any experience with Fusion amplifiers.
b: nobody cares about being the least bit helpful to offer that opinion, and thoughts on pricing.
Please keep in mind that being disabled, I can't run to the local store (of which there are NONE out here within less than a 2 hour drive) and look for myself.
Anyway I guess I'll find somewhere else to ask, so I can see if this amp is worth the cost and effort of getting. I need something with 4 channels to put in this Jeep if I plan to start showing a car again next season.
-GlassWolf
NyxBass 
Silver - Posts: 226
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

As far as I know, everyone on this site "cares about being the least bit helpful to offer that opinion" 

I think that none of us have any experience with fusion amplifiers.

I would try www.epinions.com , www.sounddomain.com and www.soundillusions.net

/NyxBass
NyxBass 
Silver - Posts: 226
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2002 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry about being so shrt in that post - computer problems.

Almost everyone on this site trys really hard to help everyone that posts. I personally have responded to a few of your posts. I have no experience with fusion, and can't even remeber reading anything about them, on the web or in 12volt news or anything. The specs you posted are pretty impressive, I would definitley consider it in my options for something I was doing, and I'm going to keep an ear out for more news on them. Let us know how the install goes!

P.S. - I checked out the site a few  days ago - nice!

/NyxBass
GlassWolf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2002 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
I'm also looking at possibly a Lightning Audio Bolt B300.4 as an affordable 4-channel amp for front and rear components. 50WRMS x 4ch. is plenty @ 4 ohms for Infinity reference series 6.5" drivers. If the lightnings are good, I may just grab that amp for about $130
The Orion 2125SX fits nicely in the Jeep. did a test fitting yesterday. The Lightning would fit nicely under the other side.
Still working on dimensions for an isovented box for 2 12" cerwins. I may just go back to straight ported enclosures. Not sure I feel like sacrificing 3dB of SPL for less space, in a vehicle as large inside as teh jeep.
here's a pic of the test fitting for the jeep though. it'll look nicer flush-mounted in fleckstone. took the measurements last night
Fusion amplifier opinions - Last Post -- posted image.
by the way my comment wasn';t meant as an attack on anyone, just wanted to see if it'd wake people up.. heh I hate it when I don't even see so much as a "no clue" response.. makes me wonder if the message is even being read.
-GlassWolf
mytloud1 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2002 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
i am extremely familiar with fusion, and that amp will be good enough for the speakers you have mentioned. fusion is also underrating their amps this year. i have a 1404 fusion 4x100 and i had a little trouble in the beginning with it being to strong for what i was using it for. if you have any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me and i will give you all the info you could ever want on any fusion equipment. i run three 12" fusion power plants in my s-10, witha fusion class d amp, and i am running at around 155-156 db in street 3-4, db drag racing.
GlassWolf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2002 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
I never went much for dB drag-racing, as I never got much out of SPL soundoffs. I competed IASCA Pro circuit about 10 years ago and was far more concerned with install and sound quality than I was with peak volume.
I could hit well over 140dB with a perfect c-weighted curve, so I was more than satisfied there.
Once again, in this vehicle, SPL won't be a factor as the car is not mine alone, and the other driver isn't at all into audio, so this is really my pet project for the time being, as something to do in my otherwise rather boring life *laugh*
Anyway the 2 12" Cerwins will be powered by that Orion 2125SX. I'm considering the Lightning Audio "Bolt B300.4" amp now which is half the cost of the Fusion, at $130 street price, and rated the same for power output.
I haven't heard anything bad about Lightning thus far, and they've been making capacitors etc for over 10 years now. Unless I hear some really convincing reason not to get that, I think the Fusion is just out of my very limited price range these days.
$225 is a bit steep for now, after just dropping a grand on other Jeep improvements. Oh well.
-GlassWolf

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic