icon

Comparable System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone I need opinions on a comparable system to the one I had ripped off. Yep my stuff got stolen earlier this week! Anyways what I had before..
JVC KD-LH2000 Mp3/Cd Deck
Jensen 400w Mono Block Subwoofer Amp
MTX Thunder 4300 80x4 Amp
10" JVC Sub in Q-Logic Bandpass Box
What I need is something comparable to that setup..any and all opinions welcome. What I'm after is Sound Quality, and show, my Car is being setup for show. Thanks for the help.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
What was the 4-channel amplifier for?  Did you have aftermarket speakers?
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Yea sorry I should have said, I have Ma Audio 5.25" Front Door Speakers(60W Rms) and rear Ma Audio 6.5" Component Set(125W Rms). Thanks for the help.
Best Buy Mobile Installer
esmith69 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

The Thunder 564  4-channel amp is the closest current MTX amp to your amp.  Crutchfield has your same head unit on sale for $249.99.  If you were pleased with the Jensen amp, just get another one of the same model; also a good subwoofer amp, especially in terms of watts per dollar, is the Profile CA600m.

Was the sub one of the new warren G series subs?  I've never heard them but they certainly don't look too shabby from the specs; plus they're DVC.  There's really a ton of different good subs out there and I don't even know where to start since I don't know what your sub sounded like.

I personally don't like JVC head units but if you were pleased with the way yours sounded before then there's nothing wrong with getting that same one again.  If I were you though I'd look at an alpine, pioneer, kenwood, or  sony unit.

Oh and you probably already have thought of this, but umm...you might want to consider getting an alarm to protect your vehicle and all of its goodies from now onComparable System -- posted image.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  
Well I have an alarm on there, but I didn't hear it...What I'm looking to do is match everything. I want to keep them all in the same company,except for the deck. I stopped in at a stereo shop near my dealership and checked into an all Kicker System.
The system setup is...
600.4 4 Channel Amp
400.2 2 Channel Amp Bridgeable
2 8" Square L5 Solo Baric
Dual Square Box
Opinions on this setup?
I'll check into crutchfield on the deck, I really liked the blue faced ability! Thanks for the help!
esmith69 
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
Yea I think the all kicker setup would sound pretty sweet...although why not get a single 12" L5 instead of two 8" L5s?  You might be able to go a lil deeper with a 12"...
Ethan
-----
Donate to the12volt.com
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Well I've decided on a system, just need ur opinions on the subs and amp....
Ma Audio 4 Channel Amp 100x4 @ 4 Ohms Stereo
Ma Audio 2 Channel Amp 400x1(Bridged) @ 4 Ohms
10" Dual 6 Ohm Voice Coils: 350W Rms, 700W Max
Now my question is how would I hook up the sub(diagram would be helpful) and is that a powerful enough amp?? The next amp up is either
400x1 RMS @ 4 Ohms Mono
800x1 Max @ 2 Ohms Mono
Or
800x1 @ 4 Ohms Bridged
400x2 @ 2 Ohms Stereo
Thanks for all your input!
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
Opinions on this setup???
ghs_wreslter189 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

well accentshow, you should have listened to the guy with the Kicker idea.  I don't know who would steal a jvc 10, it's not worth the risk, but anyway, if you go with some kicker L5s or L7s and you get a good box, you will get great sq and spl.

I would recommend a mono amp for any sub (prefferably not MA but their subs are ok)  have you thought about a 12" or 15" L7 and an mtx 81000d,  that's what one of my friends is trying to get now.

--Adam
AccentShow 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
I don't want a huge stereo where everyone can hear it, would draw too much attention. I'm also looking at the Ma setup so that I can keep all the amps and subs under the same name. The amp might change to a mono amp, but i'm lookin for an opinion on the sub amp. Kicker is VERY expensive for a small setup, I'm getting the Ma and a new deck for almost what the kicker setup was with 2 8" L5's, so to have my system back the way it was I'm going with the ma, just need help on choosing the sub amp.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic