icon

headrest monitors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boatracer 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

I have a dodge quad cab truck and am wanting to put monitors in the headrests. I have looked at the vizualogic headrests with the monitor already in them, would this be a wise investment??? does any one know anyone who has these available. I have the clarion vrx935vd in the truck now and want to put in the monitors and a ps2 for my little boys. I have looked at the clarion monitors ,but am not sure about cutting my headrests!!! how hard would that be, and would I be able to do that myself and make it look good??? any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Kevin

jonathanbresser 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

Kevin

There is an even better company than vizulogic, they are Myron&Davis its a product made by johnson safety, and the nice thing about these monitors is that they come in a 7 inch version that is removable from the headrest, so that would enable you to switch the monitors to new headrests if you trade the vechile in. The monitors also come in almost any color of leather needed and have the exact headrest post spacing and diameter. If you purchase the kit it includes wireless headphone transmitter built into the headrest along with a wireless fm modulor, that the station it broadcasts on is selectable by a switch built into the passenger headrest. Well if you think this sounds   like a better solution for you, I would be happy to set you up with the proper kit.  All I will need is the color of the interior and then I can Come up with a match, Depending on where your located I may be able to offer my installation experience. 

HOpe that this will help.

ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
I actually prefer the Visualogics, they retain the factory logos on the the front (if applicable), and the big plus is the video signal wire is hidden inside one of the seat posts, so that you don't have to cut into the top of the seat to run a wire. The monitors are also a 7 inch in the visual logics and installation is simple a swithched and ground and each monitor has 2 video inputs. They are manufactured by TMI inc which has been specializing in OEM interior trim for over 20 yrs. Plus you get to retain the original headrests so that when you trade your vehicle in, simply remove the Visualogic and reinstall the original one.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder"
boatracer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
So with the myron & Davis monitors you would use the original headrest???
ezridr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
it depends on whether or not they have an application for your vehicle, I have had experience with both, I just prefer the quality, and the finish of the Visualogic as do my customers
jonathanbresser 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Kevin the Myron & Davis monitors come with all new headrests so you will be able to reyain the old headrests for when you trade the vechile in. The Myron&davis system can come complete with almost everythiung you need to do the install minus a little extra wire, and a few connector. As far as the wire from the headrest ther no holes to be cut in the seat, you just remove the post collar ,and phish the wire down the seat. It's a pretty simpkle install, Ido 6 to 7 of the systems a week for the company I work for, THe system is now in it's third generation so alot of the bugs have been worked out.  About the vizulogic i have heard from our companies distuributor that they are using a very cheap mmonitor made by someone other than themselves, the cost on those monitors seems to be a little high for what u get.  Plus you get the FM mod and the headphone transmitter are built in to headrest.  Myron&davis also carry the factory matched symbols on the headrest at a small extra charge i think its like an 20 -25 dollars a headrest, if thats a big concern, bercause most of my customer what the equipment install as inexpensive as possible. Check em out they're even in the Master P music video
boatracer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of price are they???
ezridr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
johnathanbresser your companies distributor told you wrong about the monitors (probably because he wants you to continue buying the Myron & Davis) I actually pulled one apart today, and the LCD is made by Sharp, which also makes the LCD's for Alpine, whether or not the quality is the same as Alpine I do not know but they are made by a quality manufacturer. We sell Audiovox, Myron & Davis, Visualogic, Alpine, Kenwood, (what's left of) Rosen, and DEI video products at my store and I can tell you that at least at our store the Myron & Davis stuff spends a lot of time sitting on the shelf collecting dust. The only thing I do like about the Myron and Davis is that the headphone repeaters are built in, but for quality in finish and looks the visualogics are much better and the wire being incorporated into the post was an ingenious idea. Once again just my opinion and my experience at our store so take it for what it's worth.headrest monitors -- posted image.
boatracer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
ezridr, do you know how much the vizualogogic headrest are??? My truck is a 2003 dodge quad cab with taupe interior. Where are you located?? let me know I have been looking at there web page and I think that I am leaning toward the visualogics, Thanks Kevin
jonathanbresser 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  

ezridr

You may be right about the finish look of the vizulogic, but the cost im sure is much higher .  Currently my company is installing the 7inch headrest package at or under $1400 depending who the account is. The biggest reason i like the NMyron&davis is because the monitors are removable from the headrests with ease and you able to swap to a new headrest for your new vechile and you don't have that stupid little module to hide. bUT KEVIN THE CHOICE IS YOURS, every installer and or salesman has their own point of view, even inside of my shop one installers idea of an proper install is totally different than the next. But just because ezridr does not move Myron&Davis product, it doesn't mean the product isn't selling like hotcakes around the rest of the country.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic