icon

Bypassing PATS on a Focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
axle demon 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hey folks, I read through the archive on bypassing PATS on a Focus. I have a question. What if I left a PATS key inside the column? I know that would make the car easier to steal, but would it work?
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
I would use a dei 555F so you don't have to bypass it unless you want to. You can have the 555f interface with the car to work every time you start the car
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York InstallerBypassing PATS on a Focus - Last Post -- posted image.
Derek 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
It will cause problems when you normally go to start it with the key. The vehicle will see both keys and go into a anti-theft mode.Just do what "nighthawk2k" advised, so you won't run into any problems.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Many cars won't start if they see two keys at the same time.......but in my early days, I was having trouble with a Focus and I did just what you described, and it worked!
It is so easy and cheap, though, to get a proper bypass module, that there's little reason not to do it. And you don't always have to get duplicate keys at a dealer---you can probably get aftermarket keys from a locksmith for less money, and program them yourself.
Another option would be to pry open the little rectangular plug on your key and slide the PATS pellet out, and glue that to the steering column......from now on you can just use cheap $1 keys to start the car......but if the glue comes undone one day, you're stranded.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic