Help With 1990 Accord Alarm Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsquintz 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
86: output from the remote starter that supplies a ground while the remote start process is on

This is what i was referring to I didn't mean to say when the cluch was engaged.

Remote start is a built in function to my alarm and the alarm runs the power and ground constantly out of the remote start circut for the entire alarm (not just remote start) Will a ground connection that is on all the time and not just when the remote start process is on be a problem in making the relay you mentioned above work?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
No, if you grounded 86 of the relay all the time, the relay would be on all the time too. You would have two issues with that:
A. this would bypass the clutch at all times...which would be the same as just splicing the two wires together and forgetting the relay.
B. Since the relay would be energized all the time, your battery would go dead if you parked the car for a couple of days.
Anyway, just about any good remote start will have some kind of output that supplies a low-current ground while the remote start process is going on. But every manufacturer seems to have a different name for it, so you'll just have to look at your wiring schematic carefully. A common name for this wire is "ignition 3", but yours may differ.
jsquintz 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2003 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Chris! I had a wire named "ignition 2" that i had no idea what it was supposed to do. I believe this is the one i am looking for.
jsquintz 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2003 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know where the window wires are besides actually in the door i know they are supposed to be above the drivers kick panel but i can't find them!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2003 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
The driver's window wires will only be found in the door.
For the other ones, just think about how the car is built. They must be coming in from the driver's door, and then out to the other three doors.
So the first place to look would be where the wiring comes in from the driver's door, if you can get to that. From there, I'll bet it would go up behind the dash to make its way across the car to the passenger side.
A lot of installers find it easier just to do everything inside the driver's door, since you have to go there anyway. Just run a heavy power wire into the door, as well as the trigger wires from your alarm system....just install the modules right in the driver's door.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic