the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Any After Mkt. Door Lock Recommendations?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
unprofessional 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

I'm interested in upgrading my 2003 Ranger to power door locks along with an alarm install.  I'm going to be using a Crime Guard 745i3 alarm.

I want to get locks that are reliable and are pretty easy to hook up to the alarm that I am installing.

Any recommendations?

Also if you know of a good alarm with features at least as good as the 745i3 that would help too.  Not looking for a remote starter, just good alarm with plenty of sensors.

chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
The simple way to go would be to get factory door locks from the dealer parts dept. but is costly.
The least costly way but requires a little more work to make right is just door lock accuators.
unprofessional 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

Yea I know that...which is why I said aftermarket door locks not factory.  Sorry for not having a clear explaination in my posting.

I need recommendations on aftermarket kits of actuators and such, like somewhere with good pricing.  But if no one knows of a good place to get them I'll go ahead and pay what I think is too much but it is  the only place I know of.

SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
get the Spal Kit.. it will have an input for neg triggers and when you push down one lock, it will lock the other.. pretty reliable.. been around for ever.. if you are just looking for some actuators and not a complete kit, Omega and Accel are a few.. these retail for about $30 each..
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

Usually Any actuators are decent if installed cleanly, I bought some el cheapos off ebay for $4 each, work like champs, just wired up reversed polarity and boom, keyless entry. Dont goto a shop and spend $30 for an actuator.  The same ones I got on ebay were the ones we use at our shop, and they work great! my 2 cents...

Eric.

BestBuyJ 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
you can buy great actuators from best buy for 19.99ea.  they will even install them if you need for $50 ea.  they are strong enough to use as door poppers for shaved dorrs too!!!
unprofessional 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

Never seen any stuff like that at Best Buy stores around here, might be a regional thing.  That is the best retail price I have seen yet so I definately going to be looking into it though.

Thanks for the info everyone. :)

BestBuyJ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

any best buy anywhere in the country can do these for you.  the are harada door actuators and it is a unilateral price throughout the company.  if you have any questions on it drop me a line.

jgold@carolina.rr.com

DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Harada does not make door lock motors for retail anymore. They are doing oem only. Spal door locks suck after the first year. They are clipped together and seperate over time. The best door lock kit is the Audiovox pro pdl-25 and 45 for the money. Wholesale I pay 22 bucks for the two door and 29 for the 4 door kit. They include the relay module and inputs for the alarm. I never get them back. I have a set in my old 95 work van and work like champs. I use to love the Harada's but they would break over time also, always in the same place.
DanDan
BestBuyJ 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
i install those actuators at least 3-5 times per month.  we have carried them at best buy for all six years i have been there and have no intentions on stopping carring them.  im not sure if they make them for anyone else or not but harada does make the actuators and we do sell them.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic