icon

Need help locating tach wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mdoggg99 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

Can anyone please help me locate the tach wire in my 96 4 cylinder toyota camry. I am having a hard time and any help would be appreciated! Also could you be as specific as possible?

Thanks

thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

The tach wire is usually located comming out of the tachomometer or can be located under the hood in the wiring harness that is connected to the distributer.  If you have the wiring diagram for the car, find out what color the wire is and then look under the hood and follow a spark plug wire from the plug to the distributer.  Locate the the wiring harness pluged into the side and follow the wires back to a suitable tap location.  If installing a remote start, you will have to run a wire inside to make your connection.

Hope this helps

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
the 4 cyln is located near the strut tower on passenger side. i think its gray plug with a cap over it. i think there is another diagnostic harness under the dash. gray and round and its black also.
usually when lookin for a tach, go to the fuel injector. ppl says that there is a unique wire on each injector. but this 93 mr2 toyota that i looked at have the same two-diff wires on each injectors. besides , there are only two wires and you cant be wrong when you test it cause the voltage jumps when revvin on the gas.
but try usin your unit to voltage sense first then bust your behind to locate the tach wire. i did volt-sense on the same model and it works great.
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, specific: On your 4 cylinder, use the black wire "located at the ignitor on the drivers side strut tower."

Need help locating tach wire - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic