icon

How to protect your car emblem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Clement 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I am new here...  I just recently brough an new Acura...  I have a couple of friend already have their emblem stolen in malls!!!  

I have no problem with the emblem, take it!  It is cheap to get in the dealership... less then $20!  The only problem is those KIDS using screwdriver and damge your paint on your trunk while they removing it...

I am wondering, anyone here have a solutions?  any Alarm systems you guy can recommand??  I know there is a thing called Radar Sensor that goes off when someone near your car...   But I didn't want it goes off if someone park near me...  or just walk by the car....

My car do have a factory install alarm, but it won't goes off until someone open the door or the trunk! 

Thanks

babas151 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

you should consider using a schocl sensor....

"i'm not a pro or anything "

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
you can use a shock sensor like baba said. i thought of it but never try it. if you can find your trunk or door trigger cut it and tie across the relay and with the shock sensor tie it to the relay to lift the relay which open the door trigger circuit, hence openin the door.
give it a try.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Clement 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

Well thanks for the idea... but I don't really know where you can get this kind of stuff in Canada...

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
check on ebay. the shock sensor is under 29 bucks and the relay with prewired is under 5 bucks.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
phamine 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Clement 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

Ohh.. you mean Shock Sensor... I through you mean something that will give you a electric shock...

Yes, we have this here in Canada... My Friend actually have this.. and still got his emblem stolen...   I was thinking of get those radar...  I don't know if they can help...

What does those radar do anyway??  can anyone explain to me?  do they sound when someone near the car?

Thanks!

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
good luck...none of these will actually protect your emblem, just go off while its being stolen...and typically rush the thief into making a bigger mess of your car before he departs...the radar sensor would be the best bet to warn someone away beforehand, other than that the systems mentioned will just affirm that someone is taking it...
Clement 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Yea, I know....  Well seem you from Canada... I don't know if you know where Picfic Mall in Toronto...  The Big Chinese Mall..

My friend have his Honda park in that mall outside parking last Wenesday...  He come back, he notice his alarm being activated... and his HONDA LOGO at the back of the trunk... plus a screw driver marking on the back! :(

Then her sister drove his Toyota to the same mall yesterday...   And guess what happen....  same thing happen... But his Toyota doesn't equip with an alarm... 

Now my Acura do have a factory alarm... but it don't do nothing until someone open the door!  That is the problem!  I am actually afriad to park my car near the mall..   Nothing wrost but to have a big screwdriver mark in the back of a 3 weeks old car!

xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
maybe you could take the emblem off and put some pressurized ink behind it and replace it so if removed they get covered in ink hah just kiddingHow to protect your car emblem? -- posted image. Im gonna say go with a radar to warn people
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic