icon

LCD Brand Names

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AccordInspire 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone please answer this quick question for me. well more opinions the more merrier.

I'm about to purchase two LCD's for my car and right now i'm debating off of two brands.

Should I go with Pyramid or Pyle. know that I am on a budget so these are by far the best I can do with the price on two LCDs and Pyle seems to be the only LCD brand I've seen in a good quailty so far. I haven't seen a Pyramid out there yet so I don't know the quality. Let me know which one should I go for. THANKS!!!!LCD Brand Names -- posted image.

AccordInspire 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
ezridr do you have any suggestions? *hopefully you read this forum*
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2003 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
as for pyle, my friend had two of those in his crx. i'm not sure if they have made their products better, but from what i saw, the picture didn't look very clear.
i'm also in that same situation, ballin' on a budget, hahaha.
i was leaning towards power acoustiks, but when i went to a shop i saw fahrenheit monitors that had a clearer pic. i'm not sure what the pixel numbers are, but i'm pretty sure the fahrenheits have bigger numbers. so i'm thinking about buying the fahrenheit monitors from crutchfield.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
AccordInspire 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

Cool thanks for your response!

Does anyone know if TFT LCD's make a difference as well?

ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
I have never cared for Pyramid stuff, it is like BELOW at the bottom of the barrel. Pyle used to be a respective name back in the day, but their quality has suffered through buyouts and such. There are really only a few manufacturers that actually MAKE the screens, they make them to whomevers specifications and then they put their brandname on it. I installed a pyle monitor that a customer had and I did not like the picture on it. Remember you pay for quality, just like the old saying goes you get what you pay for. If you could spend a little more and get better quality you will be much happier in the longrun. I am not saying to go out and buy an Alpine or Kenwood monitor, but there are other brands that I would consider. Also do you need just raw LCDs or do you need them with the casing? You can get a RAW monitor cheaper than you can get one that comes in a casing. For the money I like the Visualogic, Nesa, Accele, Audiovox, and Audiobahn products. I have an Audiobahn monitor that a customer gave me, I installed it in my car and am satisfied with the picture quality, it's not an Alpine or Kenwood or Pioneer or Sony but even if I would have paid for it I would not have paid near what the "Big Name" brands sell for.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder"
CharlzO 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2003 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
I've used Pyle's in cars for a few friends, and the quality is "there". It's alright, if you don't even see another monitor in your life. I have a 6.5" Widescreen Pioneer ready to install in my next car, and the difference is more than night and day. True, the Pioneer is much more expensive, but as has been said, pay for what you get. The pyle is ok if you really just want something to see a picture on. But if you want a NICE picture, spend a few more bucks. Just my .02
I had bad credit. Anyone have any they can loan me? lol
AccordInspire 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2003 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys on the response. I pretty much got my LCD's last friday and I got two 7.2" Pyles.. the quality is ok but i think I'd have to check my wiring again. but other then that 15hrs of doing my whole system I think I'm happy with my project. Thank you for all your suggestions.

Jimmy

yellowgqthug817 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
is those 7.2 for your headrest and where and how much did you get it for
AccordInspire 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2003 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

the 7.2 are for either head rest or dash mount.. the box included both of them. as far as where I got them it was off ebay . I paid 249 for both of them brand new never been open item.

yellowgqthug817 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
that's a good deal. did u get it from an ebay store or a personal seller and what brand is the screen
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic