icon

external amp cda 9813

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cosmic charlie 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged  
   Hey everyone I'm about to install my cda-9813 and I have a few questions. It says in the manual that if you want to run external amps you should shut the power off to the internal amps, for better sound, does anyone know how to do this, I looked for a switch  like the x over switch but found none, is this done after the HU is up and running? also on the x over switch (3 way or 2 way) it says in 3 way you can't fade, I'm not sure how to set the x over, do I need fade with time correction. My speakers have passive x overs my amps have x overs and my HU has x overs, which should I use, and how should I set it up? (flat at the amp and cross over with the HU) or what. I'm sure someone out there has a similar setup and could help me out. I would really apreaciate it .  HU Alpine cda-9813 speakers Infinity kappa 4x6 plate and kappa 6.5 3 way, satilite amp usx-4065, sub 12" kappa perfect sub amp usx-2100 bridged @300w thanks in advance CC
Cosmic Charlie
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  

You should use either the crossovers on the amps (my recommendation) or if you find yourself frequently adjusting the settings, leave the amps at a normal level and do the adjustments conveniently up at the head unit.

The built-in amplifier setting thing is one of the intitial settings, and since you have external amplifiers you should set it to "PWR-IC OFF".  It's a setting that you do once the unit is already turned on.

I know they explain the crossover settings and time correction stuff thoroughly in the manual so you might wanna check it out.  If you don't have a paper copy you can download it from the alpine site--just search the tech support site for "cda-9813" and pick the one that says user's manual.  It should come up with 2 results that are both called CDA-9813, but the one that doesn't have "manual" at the end of its title is just the specification sheet so you don't want that one.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
cosmic charlie 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
   thanks esmith69 I installed it yesterday I love the sound and features. Still haven't  figured it all out but it will be fun. Thanks again  CC
Cosmic Charlie

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic