icon

Help, Bose amp-93 Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
w4lot 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
I' m trying to install a Sony Xplod   radio in my sons 93 accord se with a factory bose system with a factory amplifier. The radio sounds great but no sound out of the cd. don't know where to hook the amp rem wire from the radio.
robertthomas
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

sounds like you have ur antenna turn on connected to the turnon of the amp, since you are getting sound when the radio is on.... when u put the deck on CD player it turns off the the power antennia wire and the amp, make sure you connected the right wire to the amp turn on lead, if you deck doesnt have a remote/amp turn on, bridge the wire from the accessory wire.

Eric

ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
from the sounds of it, you have connected the power antenna lead to the amp turn on wire in the car - Honda's do not have a seperate wire for the amp turn on and the power antenna. You simply need to connect the amp turn on wire (blue/white) to the wire that you have the power antenna lead (blue) hooked up to now. This will solve your problem. Whats happening is that the Sony turns off voltage on the blue wire to lower the antenna when you are using a cd, but when it does that it is also turning off the bose amp, and hence your problem of sound only w/ radio and not with the CD.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
I ran into a similar problem with my 97 nissan altima with a power antenna.  I ended up splicing my amp's remote turn on to my cigarette lighter's 12 volt positive (which happend to be a switched 12 volt).  So when I turn my car on-my amp turns on.  I would check with a Digital multimeter and find a wire that is switched and splice into it .  Another thing you could do is splice into the radio's switched 12 volt wire and connect that to the amp's remote turn on.  Or you could connect the remote turn on wire to the positive on the battery and put an on/off switch in between. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic