How to activate 96 Civic MT cruise?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joejoe3 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2003 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

Hi

My car is second hand, so i have no user manual to teach me how to use it...

I cannot activate my OEM cruise control on my 5spd civic. Does anybody know how?

Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2003 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
There is usually a MAIN cruise ON/OFF switch, then your SET/ACCL, COAST, and RESUME buttons. You can only cruise when you are over 25 or 35Mph, depends on the unit. So, you turn cruise ON, then once you hit your speed, tap the SET/ACELERATE button, usually on the wheel. You're set at that speed, or 1mph below where you taped the button. HOLD the SET/ACEL button to increase speed. If you hit the brake to stop, or slow, press RESUME to continue cruise at where you LAST set it.
IF cruise does not work then you have a problem with the unit itself, that can be one of MANY problems. Those problems range from a bad cruise system, to loss of VSS signal to the unit, and so on. Other than that, it should work.
kunalmathrawala 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

Have just got myself a Mazda cosmo 1984, which has a cruise control, have never used one before and i believe it does not work either, since the car has not being used much

Could anybody pls guide me, as to how do i start using the same, since it has only three bottons SET, RESUME and COAST.

Would appreciate your help in advance.

Too Many Dream, Too many Oppurtunities and Too many Porblems, Do we have a Plan?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic