icon

92 Integra Electrical Problem,

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
Hi I need some assistance, MY 92 Integra has electrical problems, When I turn the car on, my cigg lighter and radio and van does not work, can someone tell me where the main connection would be. I check the fuses and metered them but no luck, May I misses a main fuse or burn out a TB connection, See if anyone had this trouble before, THANKS
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

Did you test all of the fuses (including the ones under the hood)?  Also did you test for continuity with your multimeter?  A lot of times the fuses that the radio is hooked up to aren't actually even labeled "radio";  they may get one of their two required power connections (1 constant, 1 switched) from another circuit in the vehicle.  This actually just happened to me in a vehicle i was working on the other day.  It turned out that the radio's constnat power connection was tied into the fuse that's called "interior lights"

When did this stuff stop working for you?  or when did you first notice it was not working?  If you were installing a radio and accidently short out a wire and blew a fuse it will often cause various non-stereo components to stop working as well.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
testes 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
In my car when i put the cd player in and the fuse blew.  It wasnt the radio fuse but a fuse labeled ELEC. 
tv4free 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
dose you dash clock work? if not it should be the 7.5 fuse in the fusebox under the hood.if  it dise work the it should be a 10 amp fuse in kick panel
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
YEa, All the fuses work, I did a cont meter check on the fuse under the hood 7.5 & 10amp and the inside all the fuses in the box, I check all I could, what happen was that I was taking out my alarm and a acces wire touch the ground and shorted something, Now the fan and radio and cigg lighter don't work. The dash time is on and now my car doesn't want to start but it cranks, I check the ignition fuse and it was kool, man I'm out of luck. I think I'll be tearing this dash board to the bone and try to fine that connection where it burnt, maybe someone knows a short cut, or someone had the same problems, I'll kick my self if I missed a fuse somewhere, Thanks guys
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
check the ign switch, sounds like one of the acc or ign wires arn't getting 12 when they are meant to.
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg
tv4free 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
hey joel...try to replace the big 40 or 60 amp ign. under the hood. it might look good but it can be bad.check the cont.. between the fuse...o and now i think about it 92' integ. in the kick panel at the fusebox their are two plugs one has wht,blk\wht,blk\yel,yel,and another one anyways check to see if these plug are pluged in good...
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
I tried the 40- 60 amp looks good, I haven't tried the acces connection yet, Cool Greg, What a ignition switch and where is it located
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
the ign switch is the switch you use to start the car with a key!
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
OKAY, I found out the answer's to my questions, First the Radio and cigg and fan wasn't working, I found that the 40 amp fuse to the fuse box under the hood was blown, thanks to the ESMITH69, Found that problem, then my car wouldn't start, found out that my car was old and my distributor went out, repl both things and it fixed the problems, thanks guys

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic