icon

Need some help installing front speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Nobuko 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I'm still a complete noob at this so i'm asking around for some help. I was able to get the back speakers fited in and working in my car, but the front ones are giving me some trouble. The interior door cover won't come off because I can't remove the window handle. It's a '99 Kia Sephia, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
donkason 
Copper - Posts: 189
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know anything about kia's but about 99.9 percent of the cars I work on have a horse shoe clip on the on the back of the handle. It fits in a groove around the handle and holds it to the spindle. You need to push back your door panel and try to get some space to see where the ends of the clip are. Slide a flathead screwdriver onto one edge of the clip and push on it. It should pop out the other side and then the handle will come right off. Have fun because these can be a B*&%H sometimes.
CPinkney 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
DONKASON is right, there should be a horse shoe clip that holds the doors handle onto the crank. You can go down to your local auto parts store and buy a door handle remover for about 5 bucks or just use the old method of a flat head screwdriver.......  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic