icon

need help installing l7's in s-10 x-cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

donkason you are a lifesaver thanks so much. ok 4 would work. that what ill get. thanks again man. yeh i will probably keep it all kicker. ill get the kx3 crossover and make it easy. yeh my step bro has a 96 cavalier with two lanzar dc pro series and a 820 amp and he keeps killin the battery but he thinks he knows everything so i just let him go.need help installing l7's in s-10 x-cab - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. yeh i was thinkin about a optima red top for the truck and maybe a yellow top for the stereo. I live in florida. near leesburg if you know where that is. well thanks for the help.

wes

donkason 
Copper - Posts: 189
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Glad I could be of assistance. Anything else feel free to send me a private message through the 12 volt. Hopefully within a year you are tone deaf and loving it.
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
man, go with the 4 12 inch L7's, i know a guy who has 6 of them in an f 150, wqith 4 1200.1's, man, they poyund, the money in my pocket rattle around when im like 50 feet away, so loud, although i would suggest  different amps, i had a kicker 1200.1, it wasn;t worth what your paying, i would suggest getting 2 memphis 1000D's, i have those now, and man there amazing, there 1100 watts RMS,
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

ok man thanks for the help. how would i hook up the subs in a series?? that seems logical enough. so get the 4 ohm dvc l7 and one kx1200.1?? thanks for all the help. hey donkason my bro needs some help too. in the car audio forum there is a topic that says l7 15's in silverado. he needs help nobody is replying to him and if you could help him out it would be great yeh man ill keep in touch and tell you how im doin. thanks again.

wes

donkason 
Copper - Posts: 189
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a diagram that would help. http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/12w3_man.pdf You should look at the diagrams on the left that has voice coils in a series. On the back of your speakers there is a 4 post for speaker wires(2 for each voice coil) you run a wire between on black one and one red one closest to eachother, and then run the wires from your amp to the other 2 post. This will give you an 8 ohm load for one speaker. Now do the exact same thing to the other speakers, 1 wire connecting 2 post, 2 wires from amp to pos. and neg. post on the other side of the speaker. An easy way to calcualte and ohm load is this, If you have all of your speakers voice coils wired at 8 ohms in a series just divide 8 by the number of speakers you are adding. 1 sub 8 ohms, 2 subs 4 ohms, 3 subs 2.67 ohms,4 subs 2 ohms, 5 subs 1.33 ohms and so on. Same way with other impeadences. If they all are wired to 2 ohms 4 ohms, 6, 12, whatever just divide that numbe by the number of speakers you are hooking up and BAM.
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic