the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Diamond Audio TDX 15's or Kicker L7's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
T.Hill 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2003 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have already purchased 2 KX 1200.1 Kicker amps for my Expedition but am having a tough time deciding between 2 TDX 15d4's or 4 Kicker L7 12". The Kicker route would give them a rated 600 watts a sub, but some local shops have warned me about some reliabilty issues with the solo's. Either way I go it will be the same price. I know the L7's will get loud, but I want loud and tight. Plus the magnets on the TDX's are beautiful to say the least. Any help...?
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Magnets??what magnets. TDX's use a heatsink design. Personally i've never heard the L7's, but i have the Diamonds and they are amazing subs. Good sq and spl, will just eat up all the power you through at them. I run their CM3 series and i love them to death so i guess i'm biased towards Diamond stuff. Also depending on the box design, you ought to see about the transmission line ports on the Diamonds, it makes for a killer combination.
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

truthfully i think the l7 is a better subwoofer. from the solo x to the l7 8 inch they all pound. i have many friends includin one with 4 15 inch l7's in the back of an explorer and he has had no problems and he is hittin about 160 dB. the sq and spl are not lacking in any spot. that my opinion hope it helps

wes

T.Hill 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I know there is a magnet inside the die-cast aluminum basket somewhere, so that was what I was refering to. I've heard great things about both subs fomr many people, but just nothing bad yet about the Diamonds. Thanks for the replys....
Pioneer DEH-P980BT, Zapco DCREF1000.4,Pioneer TS-C520PRS, Adire Extremis, MTX TA91002, TC Sounds TC-3000 15"
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
Honestly, im not sure about the magnet on the TDX's. I was told that instead of the magnet surounding the voice coil like on most all speakers it was actually on the inside of the voice coil with the heat sinks on the outside surounding it. I dunno, they have some cutaway pics of them on Diamonds website. Either way they are top notch speakers.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
The TDX's are much nicer than the L7's however if you want something that is loud tight and clean, I would check out the Eclipse http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/speaker/sw9100/sw9152.html Titanium series subs.
T.Hill 
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Tdsteele: From what I can tell from the website, it looks like the magnet and motor structure are one. They are, like you said, all inside the heat sink. Thats the part that I think look good.
bberman1: I haven't heard the Eclipse subs yet. The only shop here in town that carries Eclipse usually only displays JL Audio, Diamond Audio, and some Virtual Technology subs. They look pretty mean though...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic