icon

Amp not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Special-K 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

I just got back from a road trip and my freinds cooler leaked water on my rcas. I took out the subs and amp. I had the cabels tucked in the side of the trunk. Well after trying to hook everything back up. The amp comes on and i checked the subs, they work. But there is no sound coming from the amp. I think that it is the RCAs or a broken connection somewhere in the amp. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas.

Please post, this sh*t pisses me off. Or you can e-mail at: vader3120@hotmail.com

Thanks for all and any help.

Kenton

crichols82 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
The sound would be coming from the subs though not the amp.  maybe u didnt hook it back up right, check all your connections, including those to the back of ur cd player (where the rca's go in). I spilled water on my stuff and it shorted out the ground wire and blew a fuse, but once i replaced it everything worked fine. You couldnt have a blown fuse if your amp comes on though so checking ur connections would be ur best bet
Special-K 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I checked the deck RCAs and those are good. yeah there are no blown fuses. See my Audiobahn is pretty good about not turning on if stuff isn't right. Like crossd speaker wires. But it wont if the RCAs are working or not. I could unplug them and it would still stay good  and blue (if things aren't right it goes red). So i think its the signal.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Did the water just touch the plastic/rubber sheilding on the RCA's, or did it come in contact with the amp connection itself?
You could try running a cheap temporary pair of RCA's to the amp and see if you get sound. That's about the easiest way to test the RCA's themselves.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
Special-K 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
Well to toell u the truth as far as i know the water touched the power, remote, and RCAs. The amp and sub were not in the car when it happened. There was no connection the cabels were just lying to the side. Yeah i am trying to find someone that i know that way i don't have to buy them. I am just hoping that it is a fried RCA cabel, and not the amp
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2003 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
I take it that the radio was still turned on even though the amp and sub weren't in the car?
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
Special-K 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah. I have a cross over hooked up. I disconnected the RCAs on that and turned it off. There was nothing going through, except for power and ground. Which i will check in the moringin, but i'm pretty sure that the amp will not turn on withour power, and i know it won't with out a ground.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic