the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

18 or 15

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ull3030 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Nissan Frontier crew cab and I need some suggestions.  I am currently building a new system, I was wondering what would be a better choice 15" or 18" subs.  I had four comp vr 12's and it did a 150db before the cd player started skipping.  I will be using a ported enclosure with a Linear Power 5002 amplifer.  I will be upgrading the amplifer's after I install the subs.  This amp is a 250 watt per channel amp at 4ohms.  It is stable at a 4ohm mono or a 2ohm stereo.  I can get a little under 6 cubic feet of internal volume per side (divided enclosure).  The current speaker brands that I am considering are as follows:

Kicker comp vr's, MA audio, Planet audio, or Memphis

Thanks for any help.

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
why dump that amp?
FYI that amp is capable of doing 2 ohm mono, it just wont do any more power at that level...there is a selector switch inside if you take the amp apart that will allow you to run in 2 ohm mono...
however, if you are going to buy new anyway, be sure to let me know what you are asking for that amp, I would probably be interested in one if the price is right...you can pm me here or email me at:
big_purds@yahoo.ca
Special-K 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
get a 15 and max that thing out
RaTeDxTeRrA 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2003 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Get the kicker 18" square.. 5k - 10k watts to bastard, soo loud.. lol
2000 Xterra eclipse 8443
JL-1000/1 - 3 kicker solo's, custom ported box, 0 gadge wires.. = 151db loud ass bass.. lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic