icon

what do ya'll think of Lanzar amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dr_jdelara 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
i was wondering what everyone thinks about lanzar amps, or just lanzar in general.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

I know there are some Lanzar fans on this forum, but in my opinion Lanzar = bottom of the barrel crap. Your better off saving your money and getting a more reputable amp. If you tell us what you are looking to power and your budget we can make some suggestions.

Monkey2674 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
I have a Lanzar 1200D and it works great. It is not crap.
Gilateen 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

everyone that i knew that had a lanzar said it was crap.

just some fyi.......

Swyz721 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Lanzar's Opti line is one of the highest quality set of amps ever built and are very popular among european competitors. If you ever have the chance to own one of the opti amps then get it you will not regret it. The 1200D is also one of the diamonds in the rough. Evrything else from Lanzar is pretty much garbage
Note: I am talking about the "Optidrive" not the cosmetically similar "OptiSL"
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with bberman1 they are bottom of the barrel, a once was.  Lanzar is now owned by pyramid.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
@ one time lanzar held 7 world records, go figure. the opti line does work well. and pyramid does own them, but that does mean its junk. btw pyramid is one of the biggest manufacturers in the world. they have made millions selling the 29.95 head unit and cheap amps and subs. way more people can afford the pyramid than rf or jl or any other high dollar brand. those brands are way better and sound better. some people just can't afford it. and some people just can't see spending 500.00 on 1 sub.  the most important thing is to make your self happy. if you have 3500.00 to build a system, go for it. If you can't than get what makes you happy. just make sure that it has a warranty and you buy from a dealer that you can trust.
Big Dave
Gilateen 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

point taken

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have to disagree with you; most people don’t realize that for the same price or a few dollars more they can have a good quality component from a reputable manufacture. They see an amp that puts out 3000 watts for $200 and then they see an amp that puts out 1200 watts for $250 and they think that the 3000 watt one is a good deal. When in reality that 3000 watt amp might only put out 1000 watts of crap distorted power. Now for a few dollars more they can get a good quality amp that puts out a true 1200+ watts of clean power. You don’t need to spend $3500 for a good system but, I would rather spend a few extra dollars and have something that sounds clean rather than a volume knob of distortion.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
some people don't have a few dollars more. hay, i agree that you get what you pay for. i'm just saying some people would rather save a little money and they are not that worried about high sq. 3500.00 might be a little high but it was only to make a point. if you can afford the high dollar go for it. if you can't there are alternatives. I would not use pyramid my self, but some folks are happy with it. cause they are selling pyramid out the ying yang.  btw don't you just love this forum. every one gets to put there 2 cents in.
Big Dave
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic