icon

what do ya'll think of Lanzar amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
The reason why Pyramid sells so many units is because people get exited about their out ragouts MAX power ratings and low prices. They don’t understand THD or the difference between MAX and RMS I think if Pyramids consumers did some research more of them would understand what they were really getting. The problem with the car audio industry is there is no standard for power ratings. Every company uses their own method for rating the power on their products. When it comes down to it companies like Pyramid actually hurt both the consumers and the manufactures. There are plenty of reputable manufactures that offer good quality honest rated products at about the same cost as the overrated Pyramid product. I don’t think that they buy Pyramid because they can’t afford a good quality product which costs the same price. They buy pyramid because of the lies that they are told by the manufacture. If pyramid advertised their truth they would probably go out of business. 
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
As far as lanzar and pyramid, I would say that if you can afford something else go for it.  And I agree the real reason pyramid sells is the outragous power ratings (max of course) for the really cheap price.  It's my experience that if it sounds too good to be true, then it is.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
YES! I think all car audio manufactures should use the same standard for there ratings. and yes pyramid does lie, but that does not change the fact that they sell the crap out of it. I sell car audio at a flea market. and I spent a lot of money on product. good product. clarion, ma, planet audio, pioneer, and i even had some used, but in very good shape rf stuff. and my prices were not a whole lot more than what I paid for it. You know what no one wanted the good stuff. I started selling cheap stuff and i could not keep it in stock. I had a clarion cass player that was a very good player, top of the line for a cass. it took 8 months to sell it and i took a loss. i got a case of mustang cass players that cost me 5.00 a pop. and i sold out all the time at 20.00 each. I even told people that they sucked ,but that didn't matter. legacy amps out sold my planet stuff hands down. I told people that it was not the best too, but that didn't matter to them. I'm not defending there buisness practices. people like cheap reguardless of the out of this world power ratings and those manufactures serve that market. I don't like selling legacy or mustang or pyramid but it sells and i gotta make a living like ever one else. I am honest with my customers i tell them that the power is about half of what they say, I offer to order nicer stuff, but they want the cheap stuff. thats the way it is.
Big Dave
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
I do agree with you guys also most consumers look for the biggest bang for the buck when it comes to car audio.  And yes pyramid does seem to offer that when you look at the prices of there amps compared to there wattage.  What some do not look at is that when you take into consideration the quality, you only get what you pay for.  I have purchased and installed different types of amps, however, when you look at the actual cost of the product you come out cheaper with the better and more pricer item.  The cheaper items sometimes seem to burn up or break in a matter of months and when you take into consideration the cost of replacing, repairing and all other issues that  come with the replacing of the item you actually may spend more money than you would have if you had purchased the better item in the first place.
Gilateen 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

so what about Soundstorm amps? are they trash?

so if a person wanted a good amp on a budget which of the cheap ones will be recommended?

dont say you guys dont know.....help some of the cheap people out!

hobbes6981 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't been an audiophile for terribly long, but from what I've found is that although you can't really put a price tag on great sound, generally for amplifiers you'll pay approximately $1 per rms watt @ 4 ohms. Although this might not apply across the board, it seems to be a fairly consistent theme for good clean amplifer brands from what I've seen. Higher end amps of course cost more...but you get what you pay for. And at the same time, its not always about the wattage..there's signal to noise ratio, THD, bridgeability, tri-way capability, 2 ohm stable, 1 ohm stable, etc etc etc. A large part is its setup and use as well.
hobbes6981 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
I've heard from others in this forum who like US Acoustics. Crutchfield even provides a 3 year warranty on them. For me, I've been drawn to Alpine..the V series is relatively cheap.
fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
I`ve been selling Soundstorm speakers like crazy and have not had one complaint yet. I`ve also sold their amps with no complaints just recently I sold their top of line hu with a motorized flip down face and he is loving it,take for granted it`s in his work truck but still he told his friends about it and recommended it to them.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic