icon

Ground Problem - Noise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CompTekkie 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2-amp setup in my ride. 4-gauge power from the battery runs to a 1 fd capacitor, then to a distribution block, splits into two 8-gauge to each amp. Both amps are grounded, as well as the capacitor. The ground locations have been stripped of paint, e.t.c. But I still have noise in the system when the car is running. I was wondering if anybody thats ran into this problem could help me out with some troubleshooting ideas. Thanks a lot.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
How did you run your signal (rca, speaker wires) and your power wires thru the car? Are they on opposite sides of the car?
Special-K 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
what ^ said. Gotta wire it right. That and make sure that it is a good clean ground.
CompTekkie 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
All power and ground cables run through the middle of the car, and all rca, and speaker cables run on right or left side. Ground location is clean, been sandpapered till there was nothin but metal shinin through. Still got noise.
Himself 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
How long are your ground wires? (The ones to the cap and amps?)
What?
ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
check the gains on your amps, if they are wide open there is a greater liklihood that you will experience noise problems - Also could be a sign of a weak alternator
fastime 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
try disconnecting your alternator before you start the car , see if the noise is still there , if it is not you may have a bad bridge rectifier in the alternator 
CompTekkie 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
All lengths for the ground wires are around or under 8 inches. I'll try disconnecting the alternator before I start the car and see what happens. A friend of mine has the same make, model, and year Galant and his alternator just went bad a while ago, so that may be the problem. Thanks you guys, and I'll keep ya posted.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic