icon

CD Skipping?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Xploder 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2003 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys, I won an auction on ebay for a Radio/CD Player (you can see it here) , had it installed today, it all works... except on bumps and stuff it skips quite often, or even some vibration... quite annoying, especially cuz there's quite a bit of construction and stuff here. Very very annoying when I'm trying to listen to The Beatles and it's skipping so much. The unit was made in 2001 from what I saw on a sticker so it's not that old and I remember being in a minivan with a cd player around that time and there were no skips. Hitting one of the sewer manhole things can make it skip..

I've noticed something though.... the cd player is in there slightly crooked... just a little bit... I don't intend to take this thing out cuz trust me when I tried to install it I blew some fuses and it didn't work so I just took it to a pro.
Other than that, the unit sounds great, it has more bass and treble and if worse comes to worst I'll just use it as a radio only cuz the sound is great.. and it just looks better.
Is there anything I can do to make it skip less or not at all?
The car is a 1987 Ford Crown Victoria LTD.

Any help would be great...:)

Thanks,

John

8-60, Hitman!
BulletTooth 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry to disappoint you Xploder, but that's a cheap CD player, probably as chep as they ever get, that's why it was only worth $22.50 ( You get what you pay for)
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  

Try to take it back to wherever you got it installed and see if they will remove it for you for free.  In this vehicle it is a piece of cake to pull out a radio and it will take them about 2 minutes at most.  I do know that at Best Buy we do it for free if you had it installed by us and still have your installation receipts.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
razorbacx 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Xploder, sorry that you got took on your purchase. If you're serious about adding some good sound to your car for a budget price look at Pioneer and or Sony. They generally offer some good budget systems that are dependable and offer you some serious flexibility.

Razorbacx

-oz- 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
How much are you willing to spend on a stereo? I think I could find you a pretty decent one on ebay for under 50 bucks. If you find another one on ebay that you are interested in, tell us about it and give us a link and we can tell you if it's any good or not.
Xploder 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks everyone.I wrote a letter to the seller talking about the problem, seeing as he didn't say anything about the player skipping easily in his auction. But in the future I'll either deal with Pioneer or Sony as reccomended by you guys and probably buy local cuz the shop I went to has good deals for new stuff.

Thanks for your help everyone. CD Skipping? - Last Post -- posted image.

John

8-60, Hitman!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic