icon

subsonic filter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lil_joker2k2 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
I heard subsonic filters are good...is this true?? i havent really heard of them, and if they are, do u know of any websites that carry them?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Subsonic filters can be found in many amps and crossovers.  They can be useful in helping reduce the amount of unusable low frequency information is sent to a full-range speaker, thus keeping the amp operating in a more efficient manner.  A subsonic filter is just a high-pass filter set to a frequency below the range of human hearing, like 18 Hz.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
lil_joker2k2 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
so i have the Epicenter by audio control, then I dont need it right?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

The Epicenter is a bass synthesizer that "enhances" low frequencies and creates more punch to sub woofers.  It has a built-in subsonic filter that is factory preset and adjustable by swapping resisters inside the device.  I don't know what frequency comes preset. The remote control knob that comes with the thing changes the center frequency where the bass synthesizer takes effect.

The Epicenter produces sound that some prople really like and others think is very unnatural.  It is basically a very fancy "loudness" control with bass-boost. 

But yes, it does have a subsonic filter built in so no, you don't need another one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic