icon

I need some assistance on some speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheMadScientist 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
I am helping my friend out on his 1993 Pontiac Sunbird. He is looking for a good set of 3.5' front speakrs to put in his dash. He has blown numerous sets of front speakers. I kinda need some advice on how to fix that problem first because it's not going to do anything to find a good set of speakers if he blows them this time too.The last time he blew his front speakers. He was listening to a song and turned it up to hear a certain part(where this guys whipsers something),but he forgot to turn the volume back down and on the next song the bass hit and blew them. He has no amp or anything, and right now his sound system sounds crappy with just a set of 6x9's playing.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

His problem is he likes to listen to his music loud and it probably sounds very distorted. When he pumps a distorted signal through the speakers it destroys them. Distortion will destroy the best speakers money can buy. I would get him a good quality amplifier and some good quality speakers (both front and back). Set the gains correctly and explain to him that if he starts to hear distortion then he needs to turn down the volume and he should be ok. But by getting the amp it will allow him to listen to his music a little louder with out a distorted signal.

TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of set up with you suggest for a budget install? He likes his music bassy but I don' think he has the cash for a sub any suggestions?
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of a budget dose he have?

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2003 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
Does he have an aftermarket head unit or is he still using the stock stereo?
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
His budget would be the cheapest I've seen because at this point in time he is also trying to pay for college. He doesn't want anything extravagent just kinda loud and bassy.
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to meantion he is using an aftermarket stereo. It's a Sony ( sorta older model, but it's cool)
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
I think that I have decided on what to do.The way his car is setup there is a gap in fron of his console in the floor. I'm thinking about getting me to 6x9 boxes and putting two 6x9 down there for his front speakers. Then he wouldn't worry about blowing them. Does that sound cool to anybody?
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
Bad News, I went and measured the space in front of his console not enough room for 6x9's. I don't know what to do now. I need some advice to fit some bigger speakers somewhere so he won't blow them.
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
put a sub in
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic