icon

Intellestart 4 Grinding Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryanambrose 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

We just installed a Avantguard 4 on to an '02 Chevy 2500.  Everything for the Intellestart is wired per instructions and the Passlock II is by passed by using the 555L.  The truck prestarts and cranks just like it should but the starter never disengages.  The RPM wire IS connected like it should be, but the remotes start is not getting the signal to quit cranking. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

wikkedkustoms 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
On the avantguard4 there are two tach wire outputs, one is on the main module and one on the intellistart4 module. The one on the main brain needs only be hooked up, and as long as the data wire between the two is hooked up the intellistart will read the wire. Also when programming the tach wire make sure the siren chirps twice and the lights flash twice not ONCE. If they flash once you have tagged the wrong tach wire.
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

i'm having the same problem.  installed a cyber 4 with intellistart 4 into a 2000 xterra.  i'm positive i have the tach wire hooked up correctly.  this has been verified also by selecting the rpm-controlled doorlock, and the locks do lock when my rpm's hit a certain point, usually about 2500.  so when i remote start, the thing keeps cranking.  it cranks for a good 2-3 seconds, and most of the time, won't even end up starting.  unlike the avantguard, the cyber 4 brain doesn't have it's own tach wire, so i have to use the tach wire from the intellistart brain.  i've also performed the tach learn after driving the truck long enough to get the idle low, and the lights flashed twice.

wikkedkustoms 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2003 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Went through the same problem with ryanambrose, are you sure that you are programming the tach correctly, there are to tables of programming options, one is called user programmable options which includes such things as lock options and programming new remotes, the second is an installer programmable table which the owner is not supposed to have. This table includes programming the rpm wire, channel outputs, and window setting, make sure you have the correct settings, have any trouble hit me back and I will give you exact directions.
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2003 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  

yup, i'm positive i'm using the installer-programmable features table.  after entering my pin code, i hold down the star button for at least 10 seconds, which is way past the couple of seconds to enter user-programmable features table.

i'll double check the ign connections, cuz the extended accessory power doesn't seem to be working.  it all shuts off when the key is turned to off.  it should last until after i open the door.

Posted: September 15, 2003 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

okay, i figured it out.  there's a GREEN/ YELLOW wire at the ignition switch that measures 12v during the cranking cycle too, so i ran an extra wire from the intellistart module (ORANGE / gray - ign2) to this wire.  now it starts normally, doesn't overcrank or undercrank.

are there normally 2 wires that measure 12v during the cranking cycle?  i thought there's just normally one for the starter.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic