icon

Ignition problems after alarm removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gabe8496 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I have an '84 Mustang that had some cheap alarm installed that did not function. The install was done pretty bad and majority of the wires were just rapped around the wire it was suppose to splice. So, I started removing the wiring, boxes and stuff.

Since doing that, the vehicle will no longer start. Since i'm not familiar with alarms, might there have been something I missed. It seems as if I have a starter kill and need to push a switch to start it.

Also, my clutch switch was removed and I did not need to depress the clutch to turn it on when everything was hooked up. Is there something that was done incorrectly? What should i look for? I did re-connect the clutch switch...but still nothing. I turn the key but it just does not crank.

Thanks,

-Gabe R.

-Gabe
Himself 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/detail.asp?info=alarm&year=1983-84&make=Ford&model=Mustang&ID=17823&type=Alarm Double check this for wire color, but I would think that the car had starter kill and the wires where left disconnected. Look at the ignition harness under the steering wheel colum and see if you can find the 2 wires that are not connected. they should be 10 gauge wire and are the starter and ignition wires I think. If you find them just match the colors and reconnect them and you should be good to go.
What?
gabe8496 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks!...I was just looking at that. Very informative. I hope that this will help me out.
-Gabe
Himself 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2003 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

good luck Ignition problems after alarm removal -- posted image.

What?
gabe8496 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2003 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

Well...no luckIgnition problems after alarm removal -- posted image....I checked those wires and they are connected. Full power and all. I am starting to think it has something to do with the clutch switch. I noticed that on the harness that connects to the clutch switch under the dash, it was spliced into. the alarm that was installed was a TRC. Now, with the alarm installed I did not have to push the clutch to start the car. And I recall that every wire was removed 1 by 1 and made sure everything was connected. So...I don't know what to connect the clutch switch harness to. I can't gaurantee that the clutch switch works..

Anyone know how to bypass the clutch switch? so you can start a standard car without pressing it? Does it need switched power? or constant power?

-Gabe
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
look at the switch, how many wire to you have??
is the switch still there???
most of those types just make a connection. like a draw bridge.
if you dont have the switch and there are just two wires, then you can hook them together and try it.
MAKE SURE THE CAR IS NOT IN GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic