icon

Key locked in cylinder when remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sufferrar 
Copper - Posts: 190
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
When i start the car with the key and then allow the remote start to take over without shuting down , to remove the key from the cylinder i have to press a button under the key to release it. this button is stuck untill you press on the brake which will then relase it but it also shuts down the remote start . there is a electromagnet that keep the key locked until the brake is pressed and then it gets relased . do i need to power up the cylinder when it remote start? this electromagnet gets it's power from the brake switch. do i have to isolate it ? i have a hornet 554t in a 91' sentra...
"I'm So Loud It Hertz"
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
isolating the brake wire should work. then you would have to give the wire 12 volts, so you would obviously need to cut the wire on the opposite side of the Remote starter brake input wire than the switch is on. Be sure to test everything though. The other thing to think about is what you would use to tigger the relay. if you use an output from the RS, then the brake wire would be cut and receiving juice the entire time the RS is on, and your brake would then not be able to shut down the car. I would never do it that way. I would try to look into how that switch works and possibly interupt the wire going to the switch to deactivate that. Test everything though. These are only suggestions.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic