icon

pulse output? pre chirps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2000vsm 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2002 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

anyone know how to make pulses.. 3 pulses per second from a constant output?  i'm trying to create a pre-warn chirp cuz my alarm is messed, the pre warn is like just regular siren but shorter duration which is dumb imo..

so that's what i need, please help.. i got tons of relays and caps and resistors etc...

if you can't do this, can someone help me figure out my shock sesnor then?  i got this other shock sensor that has it's own pre chirp thing like there is an output right to the + siren and it does the chirps stuff itself.. but problem is i got other sensors that need this.. how can i integrate the other sensors into the shock sensor chirp?  there is no wire input on the shock sensor.. so that's why.. i opened it up and it was all just caps and resistors and didoes.. no chip.. and ofcourse a quartz shock sensor unit thing.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

trusdamanr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2002 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Constant to Momentary Output
The capacitor allows the coil of the relay to be energized until the capacitor stores a charge, thus de-energizing the coil. The resistor bleeds off the charge of the capacitor when positive voltage is removed from the other side of the coil. You can increase the output time by simply changing the value of the capacitor. This one will give you about a 1/2 second output.
pulse output? pre chirps -- posted image.hope this helps good luck
2000vsm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2002 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
is there any other way?
4Val 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2002 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

You can use a 555-timer IC to make an oscillator which will do the trick.  The problem is that the output of it will only source OR sink a max of 16mA which will not energize a standard relay.  You'll need to buy a 12VDC 700 ohm coil relay.

2000vsm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
ok can you show me how to wire one of these 555 timer? where can i get these? electro sonic should have it right?  please show how to wire it.. i can get a low amp relay
4Val 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2002 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

Any electronics store should have them.  Just search on Google for "555 timer" you'll get lots of sites showing you what you can do with this IC.  You want to wire it up as an oscillator (Astable mode)

Use this site to get started:

http://www.andy-clarkson.me.uk/555/hiframes.html

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic