icon

i am confuse with a few wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
intezn 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, i am about to install my own alarm, it is a python 1000esp, i am a newbie in alarm, i have done a few install with my car audio, so i pretty much know a few things.
There are a few wires i am not sure where they go, and can someone help me check if my research did it correctly or not before i start?
1. orange (-) 500mA armed output
- prewired starter kill relay
2. white (+)/(-) selectable light flash output
- Parking Lights RED / Black Above Fuse Panel White Connector
3. WHITE/ blue (-) 200mA channel 3 programmable output
- not sure where this goes
4. BLACK/ white (-) 200mA domelight supervision output
- not sure where this goes
5. green (-) door trigger input, zone 3
- Door Trigger GREEN/ Red (-) Driver's Running Board One of Two Wires
6. blue (-) instant trigger input, zone 4
- not sure how to hook up hood or trunk pins
7. violet (+) door trigger input, zone 3
- don't know
8. black (-) chassis ground input
- ground
9. yellow (+) switched ignition input, zone 5
- Ignition BLACK / YELLOW Ignition Switch Harness
10. brown (+) siren output
- siren
11. red (+) constant power input
- Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness   
12. RED / white (-) 200mA channel 2 output
- don't know
question
1. coming out from the starter kill relay is a green wire, where am i suppose to wire it to? To the Starter BLACK/ White Ignition Switch Harness???
2. coming out from the starter kill relay is a black wire, says to starter motor? where is that?
3. how do i connects it so that the alarm will go off when the hood is open and or the trunk is open?
and thank you very much for you help, please direct me on where to connect my unknown wires.
intezn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Accessory Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Tach Blue Distributor
Brake Switch GREEN / WHITE Brake Switch
Trunk Pin GREEN/ Black (-) Above Fuse Panel Blue Connector
Head Lamp RED / White Steering Column
Horn Wire Blue/Red (-) Steering Column, use Relay
and where do i connect these wires from my alarm?
do i need to connect all these wires>?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Have you read the installation manual?
intezn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
yes, from dei, completely.........
Chris Luongo 
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I'm sorry dude...I thought you meant that you still weren't sure where all 12 of those wires went! I understand your questions better now.
Also, you didn't mention what kind of car you have, so it's hard to give specific answers.
3 and 12: These are just extra channels that will operate from your remote control; use them to power up a relay to activate whatever accessory in the car you want----power trunk, radio on/off, neon lights, headlights, whatever you are interested in. You can change things around in the programming menu to change how the output operates from your remote.
4. This'll turn on the domelight for you when you unlock the car. It'll also turn on the domelight when you park and shut the car off. It'll also flash the domelight on and off if someone triggers your alarm. This connection is not absolutely necessary---you only have to hook it up if it's a feature you would like to have. You will probably need a relay, but sometimes not, depending on the car.
5 and 7. You won't be using both of these. If your door trigger tests as negative with the door open, use the green negative input-----if it's positive, use the positive purple input. Most cars use negative door trigger.
6. Trunk trigger is just like door trigger as far as testing and connections go. Does your car have a trunk light? Or is there a lamp on the dashboard that tells you your trunk is open? If so, then the carmaker has already installed a switch.....you just have to find the correct wire in the car and connect the blue wire to it.
-----------
As for your questions further down your original post:
1 and 2: When you find the starter wire coming from the ignition switch, cut it in half. Make sure the car won't start now---if it still starts, you have cut the wrong wire.
Anyway, you take that wire you have cut in half. The green wire goes to the side coming from the keyswitch, and the black wire goes to the other end.
Also, don't forget that the remote starter's purple starter output should go to the same place you hooked the black wire......this way, the remote start will still work even if the alarm is armed.
3. For the trunk, see my answer #6 above. For the hood....well, a few cars have factory hoodpins, but most don't. So you'll have to install your own. The metal pinswitch that comes with the alarm is kind of a pain to install. If you go to a DEI dealer, they sell these nice mercury switches for around $15, which are easier to work with.
Anyway, though, once you have the hoodswitch properly installed, and connected to the alarm's gray hoodswitch wire, the alarm will sound if someone opens the hood with the alarm armed.
intezn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
thank you....
oh i forgot to mention that this is going into a 92 honda civic...
i will try my best of installing it....
once again thank you
what about these wires? do i need to connect them to my alarm?
Accessory Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Tach Blue Distributor
Brake Switch GREEN / WHITE Brake Switch
Trunk Pin GREEN/ Black (-) Above Fuse Panel Blue Connector
Head Lamp RED / White Steering Column
Horn Wire Blue/Red (-) Steering Column, use Relay
Chris Luongo 
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
yellow-----yeah, you mean that little short yellow wire coming off the kill relay? That goes to ignition, right along with the big pink wire.
Remember, you'll save a lot of time messing around in your car if you prep everything on a workbench or table first. I find it easiest to simply splice the small yellow onto the large pink at my workbench, then once you get in the car all you have to deal with is the pink.
tach-----yeah, you can get away with tachless if you want, but it usually sucks. tach is definitely better.
brake----yeah you totally need it. It's for safety, but more than that----when you remote start the car, you're going to then get inside and drive away, right? The unit needs see the brake so that it knows to shut the remote starter off as you're driving away.
trunk-----well, that's optional---you only need it if you want the alarm to protect the trunk. but it's an easy connection; there's very little reason not to do it.
headlamps-----you don't have to do anything with those if you don't want.
horn-----the DEI products can operate the car's horn, or a siren----but crappily not both. So take your pick.
intezn 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
ok,
from my understanding.....
the Accessory Yellow, it think that is the one from the starter kill relay, i don't know, copied from the vehicle info here, it will be connected to a (+)12v with key in run position, got that from the dei instruction
Tach, which wire do i connect this from the alarm to the tach, and it in blue at the distributor? correct?
Brake Switch GREEN / WHITE Brake Switch, i am not planning on getting a remote start on my car, so i can just ignore it right, but if i do, how do i do it? do i get a relay or something?
Trunk Pin GREEN/ Black (-) Above Fuse Panel Blue Connector, this i am going to connect it to 6. blue (-) instant trigger input, zone 4, that should do it right.
Head Lamp RED / White Steering Column, i am just going to ignore this, if i want to connect it, which wire from the alarm goes here?
Horn Wire Blue/Red (-) Steering Column, use Relay, i am using the siren, so no horn.
once again, thanks
so, is everything correct so far? i am going to do this....hope is going to be easy
oh, what is a best way to connect these wires together, i read that soldering works best, but i don't have an soldering iron, anything else can you suggest?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic