icon

160 db

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
o yea forgot to mention that you would def put it in a ported box of 1 inch MDF with a ton of screws and all that stuff. hope you take my idea i promise u cant go wrong with it
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
lol puerRF where do you come from?
any serious installer will see your glass breaking story and probably laugh as hard as I did when they read it...and at this point I must say that I think you are full of crap as well...
as for hitting 160 db, you could look at Beyond Audio Inhumans, Diamond TDXs, Shocker Extremes, Resonant Engineering XXXs, the RFL, the Cerwin Vega Strokers, or the jl w7s to start...I am not sure where each one fits into your budget, but they would all make it relatively easy to hit 160 with some good equipment to back it up...and of course, a little know how...
Mje81 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  

pureRF wrote:
I know exactly how to hit 160 db. I dont know if you have heard of a MTX RFL butif u havent it weighs 56 lbs and has 4.35 inches of excursion. It handles 2000 watts rms and maxes at 4000 watts. You could get that sub (http://www.outerlimitsaudio.com/product.cfm?Productid=3786) go there but u can probly find better prices, and run it off 2 JBL BP1200.1s (www.etronics.com) The rfl is made purely for spl and thats it, a friend of mine broke every single window in his car in one hit. I would suggest a 2 farad cap for it too.

no offense man but you have NO idea what you are talking about.  first off the MTX RFL does not even come close to half of the "4.35" inches of xmax...

maybe suspension can handle it...but the sub wasnt designed to push it that far magnetically thus it will fall far short of those values linearly with a horrible BL curve to boot.  the sub has one of the worst sd's out of any "supersub" out there...especially for the price they cost.  go with a 9915 ported on two 2.5kw amps and you'll be happy and louder than an MTX

ffrappuccino 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
I have 2 Sony Xplod 1236L subwoofer, 12 inch, how can i gain for 125db in my mitshubitshi lancer Evo3? any suggestion? how should i get my enclosure done?
Thank You!
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

get better subs for one...sony sucks.lol...

JL audio W0's are good subs.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
ffrappuccino 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2003 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

Well, i just dont want to get my woofer changed, any idea for it? what is the max db i can get from this 2 woofers? can anyone help me?

Thank You!
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
MJE81 wrote:

pureRF wrote:
I know exactly how to hit 160 db. I dont know if you have heard of a MTX RFL butif u havent it weighs 56 lbs and has 4.35 inches of excursion. It handles 2000 watts rms and maxes at 4000 watts. You could get that sub (http://www.outerlimitsaudio.com/product.cfm?Productid=3786) go there but u can probly find better prices, and run it off 2 JBL BP1200.1s (www.etronics.com) The rfl is made purely for spl and thats it, a friend of mine broke every single window in his car in one hit. I would suggest a 2 farad cap for it too.

no offense man but you have NO idea what you are talking about.  first off the MTX RFL does not even come close to half of the "4.35" inches of xmax...

maybe suspension can handle it...but the sub wasnt designed to push it that far magnetically thus it will fall far short of those values linearly with a horrible BL curve to boot.  the sub has one of the worst sd's out of any "supersub" out there...especially for the price they cost.  go with a 9915 ported on two 2.5kw amps and you'll be happy and louder than an MTX

First off it can and will go 4.35 from lowest to highest. and the guyt hat broke his windows had 2 hooked up at about 2000W each. it happen i saw it?
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Mje81 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

[/QUOTE]

First off it can and will go 4.35 from lowest to highest. and the guyt hat broke his windows had 2 hooked up at about 2000W each. it happen i saw it?[/QUOTE]

second off...IT CANT.   do i really have to get into this you are sounding like a total ignoramus.  subwoofers have different ratings which derive their "excursion" capabilities.  to start the RFL has only 1 value that would allow 4.35 inches of throw...which is the xsus (mechanical capability)...but the magnetic capability (xmag) cannot throw the cone that far without falling out of the gap and resulting in pure crap for sound.  its not scientifically possible to get that shoddy sub to move that far.  and even if it could.  the subwoofers 'sd' (effective piston area) AKA the thing that moves air is horribly small.  (almost the equivalent of only a 10 inch subwoofer.  rather pathetic if you ask me. 

care to pull another quote out of your ace? 

-mje-

Richkjolina 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
I hit 160db with four 12-inch kicker l7's and two kicker zr-1000.  Dynomate the whole trunk and put a few batteries a real good alternater and battery isolater.
l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2003 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

do you guys think that i could get somewhere in the high 150's with 3 l7 12's and a kx1200.1 and 600.1?? im putting them in the box size that kicker recommends for spl or deep bass. 3.25 sq ft. or any suggestions on what could be louder i got about 1500 bucks to work wit thanks.

Wes

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic