icon

Installing a Alpine SEC 150R

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tomp67 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

I was wondering if anyone can tell me just how hard it is to install the sec 150r?

i am sure its just a basic alarm, i was thinking on having it professionally installed, but i just find it hard to trust some of these installers out there, they tell you to hook up a power window modual it will cost 200 plus the cost of the alarm, on a 2003 nissan sentra with power everything. does this sound right?

how hard is it to install the window modules later if i hade the alarm done now?

also if i have a rke sytem with trunk release, shouldnt it be easy to have a trunk release when the alarm is installed, they are telling me it will be extra( for relay and such) but the car ha it now, ther should be a way to hook it up with out costing me that much more.

Any feedback would be great thanks

TP

black2nd12 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  

it is an easy alarm to install, its kind of a pain to program, but if you know what youre doing you should be able to get it in.

the window mod price sounds a little high, i know dei makes a module for about 80 bucks, and installation takes a while depending on the vehicle.

if the car has an electronic trunk release switch already installed, then there should be no problem wiring it up. you wont need any extra relays, just wire one channel to the input of the trunk release circuit.

i hope this helps.

tomp67 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks
lemeek36 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2003 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  
if you need any help programing the shoch sensor and radar let me know. i got pretty good at it from doing mine, also do you have the progamming sheet that is on the box i lost mine.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic