icon

Amp recommendation for listed hardware

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
randy_a_smith 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
I would like a recommendation on a single amp, or multiple amps, to push the following list of items.
Deck - Pioneer DEH840MP
Front Speakers -
Infinity KAPPA63.5I - 6-1/2" 3-way
Power Handling, RMS: 75 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 225 Watts
Rear Speakers -
Infinity KAPPA693.5I - 6 x 9 3-way
Power Handling, RMS: 110 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 330 Watts
2 possibilities for sub enclosure please recommend
Is Bandpass or Sealed better?
1st Sub Enclosure -
Audiobahn ABP102T DUAL ANGLE 10” TUNED BANDPASS SYSTEM
Power Handling: 600 Watts RMS
Sensitivity: 103dB
Frequency Response: 32Hz - 150Hz
Impedance: 4 Ohm Stereo
2nd Sub Enclosure -
Audiobahn ABB102Q DUAL ANGLE 10” SEALED BASS BOX
Power Handling: 600 Watts RMS
Sensitivity: 98dB
Frequency Response: 25Hz - 1kHz
Impedance: 4 Ohm Stereo
Thanks
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Are you wanting to spend alot on the amps or just wanting something that will serve your purpose?? I would go with a 4 channel on all your highs and either a mono sub amp or a 2 channel for the subs. Also, sealed will sound the best for you. Bandpass is loud, but to me is extremely boomy sounding.
crichols82 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
memphis makes 2 great 4 channel amps....check out the MC class for 2003.....you can find them on ebay for around 350, and they put out massive amounts of power, and draw less current.  Excellent amps, highly reccomended, at least for the front and rear speakers.  If you wanted to power 2 subs also you could go with the Memphis Belle series amps.  They have 3 channels, 2 for the speakers, and a mono-block for the subs.  If you are planning on gettin 2 4 ohm subs, you could wire them to a mono 2 ohm load and just buy one amp.  You can find them for around 400 but I'm not sure.  Once again I cant remember the exact model numbers off the top of my head, sorry, but I highly reccomend these amps.  My friend has an all Memphis setup, and it is one of the finest sounding stereos I have ever heard
randy_a_smith 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Cool. Thanks for the info. I have changed my mind on the subs. I am going with the Infinity Kappa 10's. 2 of them. I am going to build a sealed enclosure. I will check out the Memphis amps. Money isnt a great concern tdsteele. I would like to go with the SoundStream D'ARTAGNAN 6-Channel Amplifier. You guys familiar with it?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic