icon

2003 Civic Cd Install Help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmster45 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2003 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone please give me help with factory radio removal for the 2003 Civic.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

First you have to pop off the lower dash panel (where the cigarette lighter is).  Usually it's just held in by some spring clips, but sometimes it is also held in by screws, some of which can only be accessed by opening the glovebox (right side) and the section of the dash panel beneath the streering column (left side).

Once you have that panel removed you'll be able to get to the underside of the radio. There should be two silver phillips hex head screws that go into the bottom of the radio housing bracket.  Remove those and that whole section of the dash (including the climate controls) will all pop out--it's just held in with some spring clips at that point.

You may have to remove the big climate control assembly from the back of that center section of the dash, in order to be able to unscrew the factory radio from its metal mounting bracket.  Fortunately the dash kit is a piece of cake to pop in there.  Just make sure you remember to put back that climate control assembly before you install the DIN cage for your new stereo.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
If I remember correctly, the removal for a 2003 is different then the 2002 at least for automatic transmission.  I believe that on the auto you have to remove the outer trim ring around the shifter, then the next part of the shifter, then remove the center console that houses the shifter.  That's as much as I remember, I haven't done one in a while.
modified 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
my brother has a 2003 civic lx. right now he is away in the desert because he is air force. i have this box with 2 - 12" subs and an amp on the side. i want to put in his car for his birthday since he left his car with us. i'm wondering if the stock cd player has the preouts to install. i know chances are it doesn't but i thought maybe it would.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic