icon

Crimestopper Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iairj84 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have a crimestopper alarm installed, im not sure what the model number is off the top of my head, it is the unit that has the shock sensor inside the siren, its all self contained. it does not unlock the doors but it goes off of the current sensing feature. I am having a few minor problems with this alarm. One is that the reception is terrible, i mean i can only arm or disarm this thing from 5-10 ft away. The other issue is that i live within probobly 200 yards from the train tracks, and It seems that whenever a train would go by that my alarm would go off do to the fact that it is so loud that the Window shattering deal, or whatever it is called, is set off. I have the shock sensor set at the highest level and it takes quite a bit of force to set that off. I was wondering if there is some way to disable the window breaking feature so that i can set my force sensor higher... Im not sure if there is but it is kind of annoying when a train goes by or a siren or loud truck, then my alarm goes off. thanks A lot
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
I'm assuming you mean a "glass break sensor"? Is this a separate sensor, or is it built into your system, too? If it's separate sensor, then I would just uninstall it. Who knows, it could even be the shock sensor, but I would think 200 yards is a bit too far for it to affect that. I would try process of elimination...unplug one thing and see what happens, and then unplug the other.
Q: What's the best nation in the world?
A: Donation!     Donate to the12volt.com      
iairj84 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
OK, it is all a self contained unit... everything is in the little black box, i got it from crutchfield. and they told me to call crimestopper and i have tried contacting them numerous times but they have the worst tech support hotline i have ever encountered. It is I believe model #CS-9900 i think im not sure, and they have nothing on their website to help me... if anyone has any other ideas, that would be very helpfull. Also this unit is under the hood. not in the car, so it doesnt have the same type of sound deadener as the interior would. thanks
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Whats making your alarm go off is the shock sensor, although cpgoose is right that 200yds seems too far. Anyways, have you checked your batteries for the remote? This may be the reason for the short reception. TRy this stuff and if all else fails try to get a new unit. I have called crimestopper before with questions and they seem fairly helpful. I'd try calling again, and this time ask for "Larry" in the tech support department. Hope this helps!
Dyer
iairj84 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks a lot, I have tried new batteries and the problem is with both remotes. The shock sensor will only set it off when i am litterally jumping on the front of the truck. I dont know if this is the problem, i will try to set the level even higher but i dont know if this will help at all... Also the tech support, I called them and it seems to be all automated from what i can tell. i left my name and Number like they said. I dont know if this meant that they were closed or what... maybe someone can give me a direct line, or a newer 1-800 number or something... thanks a lot
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
The number I always use is 1.800.998.6880. They are closed today, but I'd try again first thing Monday. Also shock sensors normally don't detect motion (swaying motion caused by you jumping on the front). They detect direct impact. Try hitting your a-pillar or tire or front fender.
Dyer
iairj84 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2003 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Alrightee, thanks a lot I will definatly try that number on monday... Thanks a lot for the help. and I will definatly try those things. I tried a new battery and there was no diference in the reception... i had a friend tell me that i can get a small cell antennae for cars and hook it up and just extend the anntenna on the firewall. if anyone knows of any problems with doing this let me know

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic